Entreprise/Structure: Damco / Maersk Line
Ville, Pays: Dakar, Sénégal
Niveau d’études minimum réquis: Non précisé
Expériences professionnelles demandées: 5 ans
Email de réception des candidatures : Non précisé
Customer Services Manager
Dakar Local Customer Service
DAMCO is one of the world’s leading providers of freight forwarding and supply chain management services. For more than 100 years, we have been providing our customers with transportation and logistics solutions that support the way they want to do business, wherever they are in the world.
The core purpose of this role is to provide consistent and high quality customer service experience for our valued customers. The CS Manager leads the customer facing team in Senegal and drives continuous improvement, training & development and service quality programme’s that support Damco’s strategy of differentiation vs competition. This position holds the primary responsibility for customer retention and for identifying cross sell/up sell opportunities.
• Becoming part of an exciting company that has a track record of strong performance and ambitious aspirations in a growing industry.
• Truly international working environment.
• Strong emphasis on value and team based leadership and an open and engaging company culture.
• Wide range of international career opportunities and lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
• Lead and manage the Customer service team(s) to focus on the key Customer Service Drivers:
Easy to business with;
Timely delivery of documents;
Exception management ;
Efficient claim handling
• Drive understanding of all contracts and charge structures including surcharges, additional charges and accessorial charges to ensure Damco:
Delivers on its promises and
Takes every opportunity to upsell and receive value for all services provided.
• Ensure proper implementation of new clients or new programs
• Booking with vendors/ shippers- ensure bookings are confirmed & sent timely
• Query resolution with customers- monitor timely resolution and response
• Responsible for cross sell/up sell, customer retention.
• Ensuring monitoring of customer activity through volume analysis tool of churn and down trading
• Invoice dispute management and ensuring payment collection cycles from customers
• Monitor, record and report the performance of Customer Service teams with suitable recommendations on :
Service delivery wins
• Work with the commercial team to establish and strengthen customer relationships through regular meetings, business reviews.
• Any other projects or responsibilities assigned by the Management.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 5 years of industry experience with Logistics industry in a similar role
• Commercial astute with excellent business acumen
• Drive for Results – Drives for results and success, conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure, persists despite obstacles and opposition.
• The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
• Strong people management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Customer/Solutions/Commercial focused
• Organizational and time management
• Skills – multi-tasking and prioritizing, planning work activities efficiently to meet deadlines and high level goals.
• Good Influencing, Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
• Team player – Works together with others in the business unit to achieve results, fosters teamwork
• Understanding of Products & Services offered by Damco
• Strong understanding of commercial practices and Bill of Lading handling
• Demonstrated leadership and team management skills
• Strong understanding of transportation Industry
For further information, please contact: Joaquin Gomez Yanci, Joaquin.Gomez@damco.com.
damco.com Damco is one of the world’s leading third party logistics providers specialising in customised freightforwarding and supply chain solutions. The company has about 11,000 employees working in more than 300 offices around the world and a global presence in about 100 countries. Damco is part of the Maersk Group. More information about Damco can be found on www.damco.com.