World Food Programme recruits 01 Finance/Admin Officer SC L8
World Food Programme
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Opportunités de carrière : Finance/Admin Officer SC L8 (Zalingei) (155951)
Posting Dates :
Starting Date : 23/01/2023
Closing Date : 06.02.2023
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Would you like to join WFP Sudan’s Finance/Admin team and enable the delivery of professional, client-focused Finance/Admin services? Are you ready to partner with managers to deliver effective Finance/Admin solutions that will change and save the lives of the most vulnerable people in Sudan? If yes, this opportunity is for you. At WFP, we are looking for a talented Finance/Admin Officer to support our Finance/Admin Team in Zalingie Field Office, Sudan, to be hired on Service Contract at the SC 8 level.
ABOUT WFPThe United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP Sudan has the potential to reach millions of food insecure people across Sudan – with a total of 4 million people assisted in 2018. WFP Sudan, one of the largest and complex operations for WFP globally, is currently rolling out a five- year Country Strategic Plan (2019 – 2023), which aims to provide emergency assistance through a hybrid approach (Cash, food and vouchers), along with life-changing types of programmes (Nutrition, Resilience and School Feeding).
JOB PURPOSETo support the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country/location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) 1. Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
2. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
3. Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
4. Monitor budgets, and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements, Prepare monthly reports.
5. Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
6. Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
7. Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
8. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, guesthouse, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy.
ADDITIONAL KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES9. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions.
10. Track and collate data to support others to improve policies, systems and procedures in order to minimize financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
11. Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas, which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
12. Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
13. Represent unit at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
14. Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
15- Any other related duties.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONSEducation : University degree in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration.Experience : Two years of experience in Business/Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management or administrationLanguage : Fluency in both Arabic & English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLECapability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency levelBusiness Support Services & Reporting Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.Internal Controls & Risk Management for Administration and Engineering Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.Resource Management for Administration and Engineering Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services Applies advanced theoretical understanding of administration best practice, concepts and principles and thorough knowledge of WFP standards, processes and infrastructure to ensure continuous improvement in the provision of efficient and effective administration services, resolving complex issues as they arise.Customer Focus Proactively monitors performance and delivers high quality service to meet the needs of customers, requesting customer feedback and taking ownership of customer problems that arise. Pre-empts needs of customers based on experience.
HOW TO APPLY :To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
TALENTED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY:We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian values. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
WFP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at WFP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, WFP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavor to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development opportunities.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONSCLOSING DATE: 06.02.2022
Qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS status.WFP does not charge any fee at any stage of its recruitment process.This position is open to ONLY Sudanese nationals.