World Food Programme recruits 01 EOI-IT Operations Assistant( SCOPE),SSA4
World Food Programme
Dolow, Baidoa, Somalia
Opportunités de carrière : EOI-IT Operations Assistant( SCOPE),SSA4, (Dolow & Baidoa) Somalia (173142)
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Date of Issue : 8th September 2022 Closing Date : 14th September 2022
Why Join WFP?
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates. Female candidates, in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry-out system and equipment maintenance tasks, such as back-up system data and system protection, to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
• Undertake basic monitoring and troubleshooting of server systems to ensure a consistent delivery of IT services to staff
• Respond to basic queries about technology and systems to support the correct application of technology; support both hardware and software, LAN/WAN networking by deploying and assigning registration kits and POS devices, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and configuring, as well as technical support to WFP staffs, partners and retailers
• Receive and inspect all incoming assets and report discrepancies in IT materials inventory to senior colleagues to ensure materials are effectively tracked.
• Perform basic beta testing and support the roll out of new versions of centrally supported software to ensure software is operational for WFP staff.
• Ensure information is up to date and accurate within inventories, databases, and archives in order to support senior officers in managing these systems.
• Support on last mile technical issues related to registration, POS device management, transactions troubleshooting, card transaction monitoring.
• Provide IT support as required by the CPs staffs in registration and transfer exercise.
• Provide updates on supporting the SCOPE process from registration to card distribution on a weekly basis.
• Assist in the follow up of SCOPE issues arising from enrolments and payments.
• Assist on training CP’s on how to extract reports on beneficiary data, trends and any best practices or lessons learnt are shared.
• Support Cooperating Partners in the implementation of Real Time Biometric Identification (RTBI) during beneficiaries’ registration
• Support in ensuring SCOPE data files, equipment’s, inventory of items are properly handled, accounted and safely kept.
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary diploma or degree in Computer Science, IT Solutions Telecommunications, Information Management, Operating systems Administration, Data Management, or related functional area is desirable.
Experience : Three years’ minimum experience in resolving level 1 IT issues and knowledge in beneficiary management.
Language : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somalia language is a requirement
Knowledge & Skills :
Demonstrate awareness of overall IT management structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
Demonstrate working understanding of existing hardware, software, servers and network management to resolve users’ routine problems using WFP’s established processes and tools.
Understand and follow the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction
Understand technical aspects of the job and apply them in a thorough and systematic manner to analyze customer’s technical issues and offer value adding advice and/or solutions.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration : 3 months( Initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline : 14th September 2022.
WFP does not charge any application fees to candidates.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.