WFP recruits 01 Business Support Assistant G4
Business Support Assistant G4
Area of expertise : Business support
Country : Egypt
Type of contract : Short term opportunities
Closing date : 02 July 2019, 23:59 GMT
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP’s Global Strategic Plan 2017–2021 aligns WFP with the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda and Goals (SDGs). It focuses on ending hunger and contributing to a revitalized global partnership to implement the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Further extensive consultation with the Government and other development partners in Egypt during the second half of 2017 to allow informing and formulating the WFP Egypt Country Strategic Plan for the next 5 years until mid-2023 in line with Egypt’s development priorities, the WFP Egypt Country Office has started implementing the Country Strategic Plan (CSP). The focus of the CSP remains on support to school meals and nutrition support for Pregnant and Lactating Women as integrated part of the national social protection scheme, food assistance for assets and resilience-promotion for smallholder farmers and support to vulnerable Syrian refugees and migrants. To sustain those planned interventions, WFP will be conducting joint monitoring activities with Government representatives of key line Ministries to enforce the concepts of participation, transparency and accountability to its partners. In addition, capacity development activities will be provided to national counterparts and cooperating partners to ensure efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability and raising their capacity to conduct monitoring at the local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A university degree in a related field will be an advantage.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work, experience in developing and managing customer service systems, call centers or hot lines.
Language: Fluency (level C) in both oral and written communication in Arabic language. Fluency (level C) or intermediate knowledge (level B) of English language.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To support the Egypt Country Office, more specifically the School Meals/CBT Beneficiary Feedback and Complaints system with the aim to enhance accountability and interaction with beneficiaries.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Guide other staff and take lead in hotline tasks.
• Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate to relevant units, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients including beneficiaries, retailers and teachers, through answering calls, responding to requests or resolving complaints following the developed guidelines.
• Follow-up on escalated problems with relevant colleagues and units, and call beneficiaries back with solutions.
• Research required information for beneficiaries using available online and offline resources as necessary.
• Compile and document requests and complains in an excel log, preforming weekly/monthly analysis using recorded data.
• Report on daily/weekly basis to concerned units/colleagues.
• Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
• Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations, including but not limited to supporting events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
• Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available for the business team
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
• Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
• Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
• Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
• Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
• Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
• Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
• Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline for submitting the online applications will be on the 2nd of July 2019
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.