WeMove Europe is an organisation that connects activists and movements across borders to take action towards a different kind of Europe, one that puts people and planet at the centre. After launching in 2015 over 920,000 members make up the WeMove Europe community.
We are looking for 5 Campaign Assistants to join our dedicated team of over 20 activists located across Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, the UK and Slovenia), and more specifically to join our Campaigns team. We work in a decentralised structure, with staff in many countries who connect digitally every day.
The Campaign Assistants will join our dynamic, growing team to help us build a thriving, active community of people who care about nature, climate change, human rights, inequality, supporting good ideas like free public transport, and dropping bad ones like single-use plastics. We are looking for people who above all else will be committed to the work we do, and to building a community that wants to fight for a better Europe.
About the role
- Community engagement: the core of this role will be to manage the WeMove Europe community in the language(s) you are able to work in — this means:
- Speaking to our community via email, Facebook, Twitter, phone calls, and other channels as we develop them
- Proofreading content
- Digging out data
- Helping us improve user journeys and the overall experience of our community
- Producing creative and engaging content for social media in your language(s)
- Tech set-up: campaigns and mass mailings to members
- The kinds of things you could be doing as our strategy develops over time: helping us think through tactics, editing, translation, design, working with volunteers to help community management
- You are excited to work in a multicultural, multilingual environment and team who are deeply committed to changing Europe for the better
- You are tech savvy, keen to learn about new tools and acquire new skills (from coding to data analysis to social media tools)
- You are comfortable in executing a supportive role, motivated to contribute with self-initiative and creativity towards new and better solutions and processes
- You speak English plus at least one of these languages fluently: French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish (your fluency in English is to a degree that you can work internally in an English-speaking environment and can translate into your language(s)
- You are also:
- Detail oriented
- Quick to understand new software and online tools
- Able to communicate with people from all walks of life
- Able to explain complex ideas in a simple way
- Driven by results and crave more data
- Keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance
- Motivated by thinking out of the box + being innovative
- Prepared to travel once or twice a year in Europe
- Open to working in an intercultural, decentralised team
The following skills are considered a bonus
- Community management
- Database management
- Familiarity with email list management
- Working with social media
- Working with/organising volunteers/activists
- Organising street actions & protests
- Social media use for movements/organisations
- Graphic design
- You speak at least one other European language to a high level of fluency: please note that we are interested in people who can communicate well in two languages. In this case, we could offer a full time role
Terms and conditions
- Part time position (20hrs/week, over 4-5 days a week, with core hours 10-14 CET)
- Vacation days equivalent to 30 days
- 3 years contract starting between June 15 – July 1 2020
- Salary relevant to a member engagement assistant role in the NGO sector
- Location: preferably in the country of the given language community but possible anywhere in the EU
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that people in online campaigning startups necessarily have to be very young and encourage people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply, including those caring for small children.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by Tuesday April 28, 2020 09:00am CET to email@example.com (max. 10 MB).
- Motivation letter. Please include mention of your experience as an activist (voluntary and/or professional), and provide 1-3 references.
- CV, including any other language skills according to a scale from A1 to C2.
- The subject line of your application email must be: Application Campaigns Assistant + the language(s) you are applying for (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Polish)
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will ask candidates for availability to do a 1 – 2h online task from May 5-7 . Those who complete the task successfully will be invited to a video interview somewhere between May 12-29.