The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. Employment location will be Zwedru, Liberia.
As Junior Finance Expert you will support the local finance and project team in the financial administration of two rural development projects.
- Check all bookings and vouchers before and after end of period, as well as initiating and overseeing corrections and re-bookings at country and at Head Office level
- Suport in applying internal control procedures, e.g. by generating budget control reports
- Ensure internal as well as donor compliance
- Monitor, schedule and check the (timely) completion of financial reports and tasks
- Assist and train national and partner staff in finance related tasks
- Support Project Administrator in performance of general logistical and administrative tasks
- A university or polytechnic degree in Finance or a related field
- First job-related experience in international development and/or finance
- Work experience outside of Europe (e.g. various internships) is desirable
- Strong intercultural competence and willingness to work in a multinational team
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to and stay in rural areas
- Excellent spoken and written English; German and/or French language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 30, 2020. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.