The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Lashio, Myanmar.
As Head of Project Rural Development, you will lead a large scale interdisciplinary project on rural community development funded by BMZ. You will implement agriculture, food & nutrition and resillience activities that will require a continous adjustment of operational planning, monitoring, and quality control, due to quickly changing conditions (conflict-, market and migration dynamics).
- Carry out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donor and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, Logistics, Finance administration, etc.)
- Pro-actively monitor the dynamics of the various governmental and non-governmental actors in the project area
- Maintain and further develop the participatory, bottom-up approach in Community Development and Organisational Development
- Maintain and improve project related safety and security protocols in alignment with the country programme safety and security strategy
- Manage a local, multi-ethnic interdisciplinary team and encourage self-responsibility
- Identify, discuss and provide customised capacity development opportunities (management, leadership) in coordination with the HR department of the Country Office
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas of agriculture, development studies or food & nutrition
- A minimum of 3 years professional project management experience in the region
- Security management experience in volatile regions
- Awareness of the political and socio-economic context of the project location
- Strong planning skills, ability to work under pressure and to deliver results in a challenging context
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English; Burmesian and or German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 30, 2020. Your contact person is Sarah Liem-Hartmann.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.