Welthungerhilfe recruits 01 Head of Project – Agricultural Value Chains*
The position is to be filled as of November 1, 2021, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Ramadi, Iraq.
Welthungerhilfe’s country programme in Iraq aims to improve the food & nutrition security and resilience of vulnerable populations such as internally displaced people, returnees, refugees and host communities. As Head of Project – Agricultural Value Chains, you will develop and validate strategies to improve the value chain of local resources in the Anbar Governate region. You will manage and implement projects on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives/provisions of the cofinancer.
- Carry out the project(s) according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Manage staff according to Welthungerhilfe’s leadership principles, staff policies and strategy
- Development and validation of strategies to improve the value chain of local resources, especially potatoes and vegetables
- Improve farmers’ access to knowledge and training
- Establish and strengthen farmers’ organizations
- Support for professional qualification within the value chains
- Report to the Country Director on the progress of the project(s) and all risks associated with the project work
- Represent Welthungerhilfe in country vis-à-vis relevant national and international stakeholders and partners in coordination with the country office
- A university or polytechnic degree in agriculture, economics or a related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in (agricultural) value chain development, ideally in the Middle East
- Several years of project and management experience in agricultural and rural development sectors
- GIZ donor experience is an added value
- Coordination and organisational skills, including ability to work under pressure
- A “can do” mentality paired with a high level of mental and physical resilience
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently to project sites, field locations and stakeholder meetings, including areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 2, 2021 by following this link. Your contact person is Barbara Kuersten. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.