The position is to be filled by January 1, 2021 with an initial contract duration of one year. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Barclayville City, Liberia.
As Expert Civil Engineering you will support a health system strengthening project by leading the construction of clinics, water supply and solar components.
- Plan and coordinate all construction activities (clearing, levelling, marking, mobilizing construction resources, etc.) in coordination with technical staff
- Support contractors and local staff in planning, setting up of construction, as well as managing their tasks and activities
- Ensure proper logistical management in terms of material supply and administration in close cooperation with other departments (finance, logistics)
- Preparation of tender documents for procurements, evaluations and reporting
- Management of construction contracts and services, administration and related activities (progress reports, material supervision, construction quality, etc.)
- A university or polytechnical degree in Civil Engineering
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in the management of construction activities in technical fields of (health) infrastructure
- Proven technical expertise in the area of design and construction (including developing and reviewing bills of quantities, assessing local markets, cost estimations, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience of on-site construction management and project management (including programme monitoring, site supervision, site surveying, quality control and defects)
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to and stay in rural areas
- Excellent spoken and written English; German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by November 30, 2020. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.