UOSSM France recruits 01 Finance officer
UOSSM France is a health-centric organization founded in response to the Syrian crisis by members of the Syrian diaspora in Paris, France, in 2011. At the core of our work, UOSSM France supports medical and health-related activities inside Syria, including relief and early recovery measures but also longer-term actions targeted at strengthening the health sector and civil society in different geographies of the country at large. Where feasible and relevant. This also involves the diaspora and other vulnerable populations affected by the crisis in the neighbouring countries. Overall, UOSSM France is dedicated to engage and support in a localised, participatory, and inclusive manner.
With more than 11 years of experience working in a conflict-affected area focused in Syria, UOSSM France expanded its scope of action to respond to Ukraine’s crisis. Indeed, UOSSM France is launching its operation in Lviv in Ukraina, starting with opening a medical training centre for Health and First Aid personnel to enhance their capacity in the field of War and disaster Medicine.
At UOSSM France we believe in the meaningful participation and leadership of those affected by conflict and crisis. Blended with the diverse capacities and expertise of dedicated members of the French and European society, local leadership and expertise is key to understanding and effectively addressing the needs, priorities, and aspirations of the population we seek to serve, in health and beyond.
UOSSM France highly respects the contributions of all its employees, volunteers, and partners across the European-Middle Eastern spectrum and beyond in the respective capacities in which they are offered. We are keen to involve a multitude of dedicated voices and support in our work, provided individually or through existing networks or groups.
We are currently looking for a Finance officer based in Paris headquarters. He/she will work on UOSSM France’s diverse projects financial monitoring and to practice financial control mechanisms in compliance with donors regulation.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Ensure administrative and accountant follow-up of the activities implemented through partnerships agreements, contracts or MoU
- Responsible for the project’s cash and budgets monitoring
- Participate and support the finance coordinator in drafting financial midterm and final reports for activities
- Ensure accurate recording of all transactions made by cash or bank or any other form in the UOSSM France financial system; monitor timely receipt and expenditure returns from Program Team
- Manage daily operation in the area of accounting system which is in line with UOSSM France and donors’ requirements
- Participate in preparation of annual requests for funds (concept notes), budget and other funding requests; provide financial support to programme and partnership Team; close monitoring on budget and revision in collaboration with teams in Gaziantep and Erbil
- Provide feedback and enhance internal controls to satisfy audit requirements; take part of providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to Finance Manager or Finance Coordinator in Paris as deemed appropriate
- Check and verify supporting documentation
- Ensure donors’ regulations and requirements’ compliance from the partners
- Comply with Financial guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provide initiative to review current guidelines and propose relevant recommendations
- Maintains cash and non-cash transactions, manages and follow-up banking transactions ; pays attention on fluctuating exchange rate used for any transactions
- Participate to association’s activities when requested
Expériences / Formation
I. Academic background
[Required] MA/ MSc / MBA Degree or Diploma in Financial Management
[Preferred] Professional certification in accounting
II. Professional/Practical Experience
[Required] At least three years of experience as Finance officer or comparable position
[Required] Experience in Non-Governmental Organizations’ financial management
[Required] Proven experience in managing large budgets
III. Skills and attitudes
- Strong drive to meet deadlines, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated expertise in using accounting system
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop strong work relationships and working in and with a team
- Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and soft skills
- Languages : French native or near-native is mandatory as well as ability to read, write and communicate professionally in English ; Arabic language skills are an asset
- Ability to work remotely with an international team across different countries and particularly including cross-cultural dimensions
Title: Finance Officer
Location: Paris 75012
Contract type: 100% – full time (35 hours per week)
Duration: One year contract (potential prolongation upon termination of the contract depending on suitability and first period performance)
Salary: Between 2.200 and 2.400 € monthly gross salary based on experience and qualification
Recruitment process: An excel test is organised as a « pre-selection ». Depending on the results, an interview is scheduled with both Finance coordinator and HR coordinator
Please send a brief cover letter and CV
Please send a brief cover letter and CV through this link