UNICEF recruits 01 Intern / Program Assistant, Volunteer Engagement Unit
Internship Opportunity: Program Assistant, Volunteer Engagement Unit, UNICEF Thailand, Bangkok
Job no: 521822
Work type: Internship
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, a better future
UNICEF Thailand Country Office works to ensure the rights of all children in Thailand. This means the rights of every child living in this country, irrespective of their nationality, gender, religion or ethnicity, to:
- survival – to basic healthcare, peace and security;
- development – to a good education, a loving home and adequate nutrition;
- protection – from abuse, neglect, trafficking, child labour and other forms of exploitation; and
- participation – to express opinions, be listened to and take part in making any decisions that affect them
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF Thailand Country Office is seeking a qualified individual to plan and roll out volunteer engagement activities and support development of the youth movement.
Purpose of Assignment:
The intern will help evaluate the UNICEF Thailand volunteer program by fielding research and propose an enhanced volunteer experience based on feedback from fielded research. In addition, the intern will assist in rolling out activities to further engage volunteers through volunteering opportunities, campaigns and workshop.
1. Prepare interview document and field research to gather volunteer experience feedback to enhance the I Am UNICEF program, producing an output document with summarized findings and proposed enhancements
2. Help organize the first I Am UNICEF Volunteer Workshop
a) Preparing the agenda and selecting invitees
b) Planning the venue and activities
c) Help run the workshop
d) Summarize the outcome plans and next steps, including creating and summarizing results by using a feedback survey
3. Contribute ideas and collaborate in the execution of a new Youth Movement initiative to be launched in 2019
4. Assist our partner agencies in launching their volunteer opportunities with I Am UNICEF by helping design the logistics and agenda for the following events:
a) Volunteer Fair
b) School Fair
c) Partner Event
5. Manage the creation of material to promote the volunteer platform, including the translation services from English to Thai, infographics, etc.
Duration of Assignment: May – July 2019 (3 months, part time)
- Be currently enrolled in, or a recent graduate within the past 2 years of a degree programme in an undergraduate or graduate school, preferably in Business Administration, Information Management, Public administration, Political Science, etc.
- Have a good academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records.
- Be proficient in social media tools, and understand the principles of marketing and digital influencing.
- Experiences in conducting interviews and summarizing feedback. Journalism experience is a plus.
- Proficient in English and Thai.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Conditions of Intern:
- Expenses: Stipend according to UNICEF’s guideline is applicable.
- Visa: Intern is responsible for obtaining the necessary entry visa and arranging their travel to Bangkok. UNICEF/TCO will assist only in issuing documents required in visa processing.
- Health/Medical insurance: UNICEF accepts no responsibility for costs or fatality arising from illness or accidents incurred during the internship whether on or off UNICEF premises. The intern must carry adequate and regular medical insurance. The intern will be required to provide with a proof of medical insurance prior to commence work.
- Confidentiality. The intern is required to respect the confidentiality of information that s/he collect or is exposed to at UNICEF. No reports or papers may be published based on information obtained from UNICEF without the explicit written authorization by the Head of Office or Division Director.
- Impartiality. The intern is required to respect the impartiality and independence required of UNICEF and will not seek or accept instructions regarding the services performed under the internship agreement from any Government or from any authority external to UNICEF.
- Employment Prospects. There is no expectance of employment at the end of the internship.
Provision of Supervising and Monitoring:
The intern will work under the supervision of Program Officer, Volunteer Engagement Unit.
How to apply:
Interested individuals are requested to submit application letter and CV no later than 14 May 2019.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time