UNICEF recruits 01 Fundraising Assistant, GS5
Job no: 519091
Work type: Fixed Term Appointment
Categories: Private Fundraising and Partnerships, G-5
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society’s most disadvantaged citizens addressing inequity not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
Purpose for the job: Under the supervision of the PFP Specialist, the incumbent is to assist in the administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of PSFR operation in Individual Giving.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Perform functions for contracting of PFP related services including suppliers management, financial management and VISION processing
- Assist the PFP Specialist in the development of individual giving portfolio and channels
- Monitoring and checking all invoices, payment processing and claims
- Support day to day operations for PFP Individual Giving team
- Assist PFP Specialist in budget Monitoring and result reporting to Geneva HQ
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the PFP Specialist
- Perform functions for contracting of PFP related services including suppliers management, financial management and VISION processing:
- Certifying vendor invoices for accuracy and completeness
- Assist with procurement of services and supplies (eg competitive bidding processes)
- Submission of finance invoices to the Global Support Centre
- Submission of vendor master forms to Global Support Centre, and monitoring of contractual status
- Managing VISION for the whole PFP team:
- Raising Purchase Requisition (PREQ) services
- Raising Purchase Order (PO) for individual consultants
- Raising and closing of TAs for PFP staff who are traveling
- Raising Fund Commitments (FC)
- Checking on work orders and to ensure all supporting documents are proper
- Monitoring the contracts that are currently open and/ or expiring
- Monitoring total PFP Individual Giving expenditure and WBS in VISION
- Assist the PFP Specialist in the administrative and development of individual giving portfolio and channels, including the following examples of work:
- Respond to all proactive fundraising enquiries, liaising within MCO as appropriate
- Liaise with Donor Acquisition team to ensure smooth handling of new pledge donors from corporate partner activity.
- Assist administrative function of the individual giving portfolio channels
- Keeping full record of all contracts and TORs of Institutions and consultants
- Assist the Monitoring and checking of all claims and organized filling and coordinate contracts including the following examples of work
- Certifying claims for accuracy and completeness
- Set up relevant donor meetings, including selecting appropriate venues
- Assist the preparation of agreements (contracts) and coordinating for vendor’s signature on POs/contracts
- Support the smooth running of the PFP team, including but not limited to:
- Receive public enquiries related to PFP and ensure appropriate
- action is taken and response given
- organise meetings, coordinate diaries and keep schedule of meetings/attendance
- Liaise as relevant to ensure travel arrangements for the team are made efficiently (including raising TAs as noted in point 1 above
- Maintain section staff calendar such as meeting, official travel and absence
- Organise documents, files and file directories across PFP, with guidance from fundraising officers (both hard copies and network folders)
- Assist with back-end processes supporting individual fundraising programme
- when relevant, preparing meeting minutes for circulation and adoption
- Assist Chief of PFP in budget Monitoring and result reporting to Geneva HQ
- Assist with periodic reports in the Cognos system with guidance from fundraising officers for example the annual budget compilation and RER report, quarterly income estimates.
- Monitor budget expenditures and implementation rates to maximise efficiency of PFP costs.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the PFP Specialist
Impact of Results
The efficiency and effectiveness of support provided by the programme assistant to the development, implementation and monitoring of programs/projects facilitates the delivery of concrete and sustainable results for the respective section, which in turn enhances the offices and UNICEF’s capacity in helping the most vulnerable women and children.
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (I)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (I)
- Analyzing (I)
- Learning & Researching (I)
- Planning and organizing (I)
- Following Instructions and Procedures (I)
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English and in the local language of the duty station required.
- Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in marketing
- Ability to analyze financial data such as ROI, cost per sale
- Ability to research, analyze, evaluate and synthesize information.
- General ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form; specific skills in direct mail campaign and F2F acquisition material.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with creative agency, marketing agency, and supplier
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Pleasant Personality, with some experience in Customer Relations
- Knowledge of computer systems, database, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media.
- Experience in SAP/ERP system is preferred
- The remuneration for the above position may be access through UN Salaries Website as follows: http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/malaysia.htm (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and other benefits including 30 days of annual leave, mobile allowance, and dependency allowances for dependent family members.
- Pension – staff members with six or more months of contract duration will be participants of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund. The pensionable remuneration, will be subject to a 7.9% deduction as a staff’s contribution. The Organization pays a contribution equivalent to 15.8% of a staff’s pensionable remuneration to the fund on his behalf. On separation with less than five years of service, the staff’s contribution will be refunded with interest. Website: www.unjspf.org
- All eligible Malaysians are encouraged to apply.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. UNICEF only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- UNICEF is committed to workforce diversity and encourages all qualified male and female applicants to apply within its workforce and from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons with disabilities, to apply.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time