UNICEF recruits 01 Consultancy for Architectural Work for Child Unit at CAPMAS-Nationals Only
Consultancy for Architectural Work for Child Unit at CAPMAS-Nationals Only(10 months).
Job Number: 520576 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Middle East and North Africa: Egypt
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The recruited individual/engineer will provide engineering design and review; engineering project management; procurement of required equipment and tools, recruiting labours to provide renovations to walls, ceiling, flooring, electric works and lighting, carpentering, windows etc. It is expected the individual to apply best practices, standards and innovative technologies that comply with UNICEF branding standards and processes.
The engineer will manage day-to-day implementation of the whole project together with close supervision. The recruited engineer is expected to demonstrate in-depth technical knowledge and experience required to identify, analyze and resolve complex engineering issues, manage and direct the project and work streams, provide technical expertise, advice on solutions that support end products and formulate new strategies and technical approaches where appropriate. The engineer will lead multiple disciplinary consultant and or contractors for the work and will be responsible for coordination and management of those contractors.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
The recruited engineer will deliver on a turn-key basis, fully functioning and furnished child unit. This will include interior designing, renovation of infrastructure, including but not limited to, walls, ceiling, flooring, electric works and lighting, carpentering, windows etc. in addition to furnishing the unit with desks, chairs, working stations, meeting table with chairs to host six staff, in accordance and coordination with UNICEF agreed plans. Detailed deliverables are listed in the below table.
- Provide an assessment report that includes: technical assessment of the room according to specifications and area, existing internal finishing and systems, recommendation on the parts to retain and/or modify and the parts to alter and/or completely change and re-construct.
- Provide renovation draft plan including detailed budget and time frame with several options (hard and soft copies) for detailed internal renovations and the works’ materials. In addition, preparation of the technical specifications, working drawings and bill of quantities for the selected option for all required internal renovation and construction works, including the following:
- Supply and install flooring of full body porcelain tiles (RAK, Emarati or similar quality) (average dim 60x60cm). Price shall include adhesive materials, 2mm cross spacers and all other relevant works to complete the item, using tiles cutter (angle grinder is not accepted).
- Supply and install skirting of the same flooring full body porcelain tiles (RAK, Emarati or similar quality) (average dim 60x60cm). Installation cost to include adhesive materials, 2mm cross spacers and all other relevant works to complete the item, using tiles cutter (angle grinder is not accepted).
- Supply and install grey granite threshold for door, including all adhesive materials, edges to be 1cm chamfered, and including all relevant works to complete the item.
- Peel and remove old walls and ceiling paints including walls treatment for new paints and all relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply and apply walls paint for walls of plastic paints (Jotun or similar quality), price shall include sealers, 3 putty coats, 2 primer coats and 2 finishing coats, price shall include all the relevant works to complete the item, colours to be approved by client.
- Supply and apply ceilings painting for slabs and gypsum board ceilings of plastic paints (Jotun or similar quality), price shall include sealers, 2 acryputty coats, 2 primer coats and 1 finishing coat, price shall include all the relevant works to complete the item, colours to be approved by client.
- Supply and install gypsum board ceiling Knauf or equivalent brand, on metal grid every 60cm including metal hardware, metal tape for angles, fibre mesh for gypsum board edge to edge joints, gypsum putty, price shall include all the relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply and install LED external 60×60 lighting panel, including all the electronic transformers, connectors, wires and all the relevant works to complete the item. Samples must be submitted for approval.
- Supply and install roll up blinds (curtains) including rails, accessories, all hardware and all the relevant works to complete the item. Samples must be submitted for approvals.
- Supply and install vertical striped blinds (curtains) including rails, accessories, all hardware and all the relevant works to complete the item. Samples must be submitted for approvals.
- Test and repair the existing steel windows, fix damaged panels, install new accessories for all panels, including removal of old paint, treatment for new paint and painting with lacquers (colours to advised).
- Supply connect and test ceiling lighting outlet per point including all copper wiring 3x2mm2 Al Sewedy brand or equivalent, pvc conduits, boxes, civil works and including all the relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply connect and test power outlet for sockets 13 amp 220v per point including all copper wiring 3x3mm2, pvc conduits, boxes, civil works and all the relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply connect and test Data outlet, including cat6 cables, pvc conduits, back boxes, sockets, civil works and all the relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply and install high quality faceplate, switches, sockets and all outlets including low current outlets (Bticino, Legrand or similar) for all the power sockets and lighting switches.
- Supply and install internal wooden right swing door 100x208cm of pine wood structure, MDF cover with Oak laminate PVC and massive beech pine wood 1cm lipping, price shall include all door hardware of hinges, lock, door handle, rubber sealant, and including 4 horizontal grooves (3mm V shaped) for the internal side only, finished with sealers, sanding, colouring with brown stain (sample to be supplied for approval) and finished with final polyurethane matt clear coat.
- Supply and install glass door (Securit) 100×208 including accessories.
- Remove old wooden door panel and wooden cabinet panels.
- Supply and install wooden opening panels of 18mm thick MDF white acrylic glossy finish, including all the accessories, soft close hinges, soft close drawers accessories, all hardware must be Blum brand, knobs, and all the required items, materials to complete the item.
- Supply and install glass panels of ¼,½ and ¾ thick, including all the accessories, soft close hinges, soft close drawers accessories.
- Supply and install 2 wall mount fans.
- Supply and install desks of wooden desk top, aluminium legs and structure, colours to advised by the client.
- Supply and install round meeting table 1.5 meter diameter, aluminium legs and structure, with glass on top, colours to advised by the client.
- Supply and install wooden side table with marble or glass top to be used for coffee/tea preparation.
- Supply and install desk chairs of black leather seat and back, arm rest, rotating system, stainless steel chair structure and wheels.
- Supply and install 3hp AC unit split high wall unit inverter technology Carrier or equivalent brand price shall include internal and external units, external mount, power supply cables, and all the relevant works to complete the item.
- Supply and install external flower box.
The specific works and/or alterations regarding, partitioning and space distribution to suit comfortably four staff (including special space for the unit head) a meeting table for four persons, photocopy machine, printer, scanner and coffee/tea station.
Renovation plan to abide by UNICEF’s standards and branding. Propose different options for enabling a choice from them.
- Provide final renovation plan reflecting all the items agreed on with UNICEF.
- Arrange meetings and coordinate with UNICEF and CAPMAS to update on the ongoing work and discuss any obstacles that may arise. In addition to close supervision of all construction work. Assurance of the quality of work during design finishing and construction.
- Preparation of complete tender documents for items to be approved by UNICEF.
- Commissioning of renovation work and project management, site supervision and proper follow-up on the selected contractor(s), including full-time on-site « Resident Engineer », review and evaluate of planned and in-progress project construction and finishing.
- Progress report of executed works and expenditure.
- Commissioning and preliminary handing-over of all works meeting what had been agreed on with UNICEF (Masonry, Partitioning, False Ceiling, Painting, Flooring, Tiling, Electrical, Lighting, Telecommunications, Networking, Cabling, HVAC, Fire Fighting, Office Furniture and any other related works), based on a joint visit (report) done by UNICEF and CAPMAS.
- Final handing over a turn-key fully equipped and functioning child unit reflecting the « As-Built » drawings for all executed site work
- Provide contractual and technical support during the 6 months of hand-over of the defects liability period for the executed works, including:
- Providing contract management and follow up, as well as managing the final handing-over of the project,
- Management and follow up on any defects and/or malfunctioning of the project’s equipment, material and/or construction with the main contractor and subcontractors, as well as preparation and management of the required inspections, and technical reporting,
- Project management and site supervision of any related repairs, fixations and/or constructions.
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
The recruited engineer has first University degree in Civil/Architectural engineering.
Registered with Egypt Syndicate of Engineers.
Minimum 7 Years of Relevant experience.
At least 5-year experience in similar projects/UN experience is an advantage.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
All works committed will be implemented in CAPMAS premises. Frequent visits to UNICEF premises will be required. Close follow-up with different contractors and laborers in a daily base to be carried out.
An amount of 10,000 Egyptian Pounds per week, will be deducted from the fees of the recruited engineer in case of delay that does not meet the agreed time frame in this TOR.
The recruited engineer will prepare a note on agreed actions/items to be approved by UNICEF before carrying out any action.
UNICEF will not be directly involved in procurement or dealing with or coordinating with the recruited contractors by the recruited engineer.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
-Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date Mon Apr 08 2019 22:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)