UNICEF recruits 01 Consultancy
Consultancy for System Strengthening and Children on the Move – Nationals only (5.5 months)
Job Number: 523908 | Vacancy Link
Locations: Middle East and North Africa: Egypt
Work Type : Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
Consultant needs to go through the section developed papers work (AWP, COM strategy, Interagency SoPs, Positive parenting manual, integration of CP inters PHU SOP, and donors signed agreements.
Review of all conducted child protection studies and SOPs, previous reports, donors report.
Coordinate with implementer partners the cases of children in detention and communicate with NCCM and UNHCR to advocate for their release
Lead in the development of the implementation strategy of the Migration, Refugees, and Victims of Trafficking Annexes to the National SOPs in coordination with the National Children on the Move Task Force to enhance child protection and cross boarder coordination
Raise awareness among partners, IOs, NGOs, on the presence of the Annex SOPs and the implementation strategy
Ensure the activation of Child Protection Committees (CPCs) in 19 governorates by leading on the communication with targeted governorates and following up on the team leaders and field coordinators with particular emphasis on border governorates (Red Sea, Matrouh, South Sinai, North Sinai, New Valley)
Develop an action plan for the UNICEF-NCCM AWP for the system strengthening and children on the move team, including: timeline, deliverables, and targets
Draft a research paper on the current position of children on the move in Egypt including: legal, policy, regulatory, and institutional frameworks, mapping of assistance activities, and UNICEF’s work.
ACTIVITIES, DELIVERABLES AND TIMELINES, PLUS BUDGET PER DELIVERABLE
ESTIMATED DURATION TO COMPLETE
|Children in Detention:
- Monthly reports on detention cases as well as UNICEF work with unaccompanied and separated children
|CoM Task Force and Implementation Strategy of Annex SOPs:
- Develop implementation strategy of the Migration, Refugees, and Victims of Trafficking Annexes to the National SOPs in coordination with the National Children on the Move Task Force to enhance child protection and cross boarder coordination
The consultant will be paid on a monthly basis
|Child Protection Committees Activation (Detention and Beyond):
- Report on CPC activation against the standardized dashboard tool.
|AWP with NCCM:
- Develop an action plan for the UNICEF-NCCM AWP for the system strengthening and children on the move team, including: timeline, deliverables, and targets
- Monthly report against annual work plan targets on monthly bases
- Deliver a UNICEF-NCCM Communication and Coordination guidelines by conduct interviews with UNCIEF staff, field coordinators, NCCM leaderships, NCCM field coordinators, and NGO partners in preparation of the communication and coordination guidelines
|Research and Reporting:
- Draft a research paper on the current position of children on the move in Egypt including: legal, policy, regulatory, and institutional frameworks, mapping of assistance activities, and UNICEF’s work
- Review and finalize reports and proposals related to the implementation of the system strengthening and children on the move programs
- Prepare child protection reports against the AWP, including emergency updates, programme reviews, inputs for donor proposals and reports, sitrep, factsheet monthly reports as well as Ad Hoc reports whenever required
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL COMPETENCIES
An Advanced University degree in international development, human rights, psychology, sociology, international law and other social science field is required.
A minimum of 5 to 8 years of professional experience in child protection programming with special focus on migration, system strengthening and ending violence against children.
Relevant experience in child protection, human rights, migration and related areas, program/project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is essential.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset. Strong written skills are required.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
-Consultant will be paid on monthly bases upon submitting the above deliverables.
-Consultant will be home-based.
NOTE FOR CONSULTANTS AND INDIVIDUAL CONTRACTORS:
Please submit a financial offer along with your proposal, which contains the following information:
-Fee for services to be provided based on the deliverables in the Terms of Reference.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Remarks: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Closing Date Mon Jul 22 2019 22:55:00 GMT+0100 (Afr. centrale Ouest)