UNHCR recruits 01 Fundraising Assistant (Marketing & Communication), LICA 4
Established in December 1950, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. For more than six decades, UNHCR’s work in over 130 countries has helped over 79 million of people restart their lives.
UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships department (PSP) plays a crucial role in helping expand the organization’s funding base, while ensuring a sustainable and predictable stream of income. Although currently representing a small portion of UNHCR’s overall revenues, the contribution from the private sector is nonetheless significant and rapidly increasing.
PSP focuses on two main income pillars (Private Partnerships & Philanthropy (PPH) and Individual Giving (IG)) and is committed to further expand digitally.
Since 2015 in France, UNHCR supporters and donor’s portfolio have significantly grown and PSP France aims to reinforce its private sector communication strategy and assets to increase brand equity, engage with new audience and communicate timely and accurate information with general public.
The Fundraising Assistant (Marketing & Communication) position, based in Paris, offers a unique opportunity to work within the PSP Europe team dedicated to raise funds and establish partnerships for UNHCR with the private sector in Europe.
Title: Fundraising Assistant (Marketing & Communication)
Duty Station: Paris, France
Contract Type: Local Support, LICA-4 (equivalent to GS-4)
Duration: 9-months contract in 2022 starting as soon as possible
Application start date: 6th January 2022
Application closing date: 19th January 2022
The Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) Services works in different regions: Europe, MENA, Americas, Africa, and Asia, and further decentralizes at local levels.
The position will be part of UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships Unit, which sits within the Department of External Relations (DER) responsible for mobilizing resources to enable UNHCR’s refugee response programming around the world.
This position will sit within UNHCR’s Private Sector Partnerships team in the France, which aims to raise funds from private sector donors in France to support UNHCR’s work.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated and results driven team player, who is able to work independently as well, with a strong interest in fundraising, to become a steady and reliable asset to the UNHCR France operation within PSP Europe.
This position will be responsible for supporting the implementation of fundraising marketing and communications, including digital acquisition and donor development, donor special appeals and thematic projects and events (emergency, Aiming Higher, donor webinars, etc.). This position will also be key to develop accurate and timely fundraising content in French for the fundraising and communication platforms and tools (on and offline).
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Snr PSP Individual Giving Associate the Fundraising Assistant (Marketing & Communication) will perform the following responsibilities:
Fundraising communication and public engagement
- Support the implementation of fundraising marketing and communications, including digital acquisition and donor development, donor special appeals and thematic projects and events (emergency, fundraising campaigns, donor webinars, etc.);
- Develop accurate and timely fundraising content in French for the fundraising and communication platforms and tools (on and offline);
- Support the project management of campaigns including conceptualizing and design, content gathering missions, and content production timelines;
- Assist PSP France team in content creation / development including working with videos, images, and multimedia assets;
- Assist in developing weekly social media fundraising content;
- Assist in developing content packages for private sector partners;
- Assist in the content development of assets including drafting of landing page text, donor emails, SMS, social media captions etc.;
- Assist in data collection and analyzing performances for optimization;
- Support the coordination of meetings, take minutes, and share action points;
- Stay abreast of current trends and techniques in digital communication and CRM;
- Provide communication support as requested;
- Perform other duties as required.
Expériences / Formation
The ideal candidate will be required to have:
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience combined with Secondary Education (High School diploma); preferably advanced training or certificate in in Communication, Marketing, Business, Development or related field;
- Working experience in communication/digital, ideally in non-profit sector;
- Proactive communication mindset (orally and in writing);
- Strong writing skills;
- Fluency in French and English are essential (spoken and written);
- Very strong organizational and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Service-oriented attitude;
- Good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Knowledge and experience with digital tools (e.g. content creation, videos, social media, etc.);
- Knowledge of UN (specifically UNHCR) procedures would be an advantage.
The salary is in line with the local UN GS Salary scale.
The position is associated with a yearly contract, valid until end of the year, with possibility of renewal. It is a full-time role with working hours starting from 9 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
The successful candidate will be based with the team in UNHCR’s office in Paris, France. Depending on the actual status of the COVID-19 pandemic, the working method might be either teleworking, working from the office or the combination of the two.
Interested applicants should submit their letter of motivation, duly updated (with all work experience) and signed new Personal History Form (P11) with supplementary sheets, and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Fundraising Assistant (Marketing & Communication), France” in the subject of the email.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.