UNDP / Senegal is seeking a Programm Assistant
|Application Deadline :
||02-May-16 (Midnight New York, USA)
|Time left :
||12d 11h 48m
|Additional Category :
|Type of Contract :
|Post Level :
|Languages Required :
|Starting Date :
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :
|Expected Duration of Assignment :
||One year renewed based on performance and funds availability
|Under the overall guidance of the Regional Representative and direct supervision of the Anti-Corruption Advisor for West and Central Africa, the Programme Assistant provides programme support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work.
The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project staff in the UNODC Regional Office for West and Central Africa (hereafter, the Regional Office) as required to exchange information and support programme delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
|Supports formulation of anti-corruption programme documents and annual reports focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information in support of programme formulation, implementation and reporting;
- Support the design and publication of anti-corruption programme documents and reports.
Provides effective support to management of the Regional Office programme focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Creation of projects in UMOJA, preparation of budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial closure of a project;
- Liaise with UNODC HQ, as required, to ensure seamless project implementation;
- Presentation of information for audit of projects.
Provides administrative support to the anti-corruption programme unit focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of all travel requisitions and purchase orders for missions and regional/national workshops and meetings;
- Preparation of all documentation for missions and regional/national workshops and meetings;
- Preparation of all correspondence with partners, donors and national counter-parts;
- Support all logistical arrangements for regional/national workshops and meetings;
- Liaise with all programme related service providers and with travel agencies to purchase flight tickets for staff and workshop/meeting participants;
- Follow-up on all financial matters related to the programme;
- Maintain archives of all administrative actions in the programme unit;
- Support all other administrative, operational and logistical, as required.
Supports resource mobilization focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support donor roundtables and ensure follow-up with donors, as required;
- Review of donor contribution agreements and ensure all donor requirements are met, including timely reporting.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Regional Office focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review national and regional press outlets and share information about anti-corruption with the programme unit;
- Contribute to a culture of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the Regional Office.
- Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviours;
- Acts without consideration of personal gain;
- Resists undue political pressure in decision-making;
- Does not abuse power or authority;
- Stands by decisions that are in the Organization’s interest, even if they are unpopular;
- Takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
Planning & organizing:
- Ability to develop clear objectives in accordance with agreed upon strategies;
- Ability to identify tasks and activities that have to be dealt with as a matter of priority;
- Ability to adjust priorities if required;
- Ability to allocate appropriate time and resources to completing tasks;
- Ability to anticipate risks and to adopt corrective measures in the course of planning and executing activities;
- Ability to use time in an effective manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, solicits input by genuinely valuing new ideas and expertise; Willingness to learn from others;
- Place team agenda before personal agenda;
- Support and act in accordance with final group decisions, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- Share credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings;
- Ability to work with a small team of professional staff;
- Flexible approach and willingness to assist with a variety of other tasks.
- Considering all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeking to see things from clients’ point of view;
- Establishing and maintaining productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- Identifying clients’ needs and matching them to appropriate solutions;
- Monitoring ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- Keeping clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- Meeting timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
- University Degree (Licence) or equivalent in Business, Public Administration, Law, Economics, Political Sciences or Social Sciences.
- 5 years of relevant administrative or programme experience is required at the national or international level;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and experience in handling of web based management systems;
- Experience in anti-corruption work at the national or international level would be an advantage.
- Fluency in French and in English.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.