TWAS Visiting Expert Programme 2018/2019 (Funded)
Deadline: October 1, 2018
Applications are open for the TWAS Visiting Expert Programme 2018/2019. The objective of the programme is to provide institutions and research groups in developing countries, especially those with limited outside contacts, with the opportunity to establish long-term links with world leaders in science and so help develop capacity-building in their country.
Under the programme, prospective host institutions can invite internationally renowned experts in areas of science other than mathematics and physics to collaborate in research and training. The visiting expert will be expected to interact closely with faculty and students of the host institution with the aim of strengthening its existing activities and/or assisting in the establishment of new lines of research.
The visiting expert could also deliver lectures and seminars to research students, supervise students, conduct research and discuss future collaborative partnerships. On completion of the visit, the visiting expert and the host institution should provide comprehensive reports outlining the impact the visit has had on the educational and research programmes of the host institution.
- TWAS will provide the Visiting Expert with the most direct economy class travel (round-trip) while the host institution is expected to cover local expenses.
- Visiting experts should hold a PhD in any field of natural sciences other than Physics and Mathematics;
- Nominations of women will be particularly welcomed;
- Only persons who have attained international recognition in their fields of science will be considered for support under this programme.
Institutions wishing to be considered for this programme must complete the online application form. While filling in the online application, the following documentation needs to be uploaded:
- Brief CV of the Visiting Expert (maximum 10 pages) and list of publications;
- Letter from the Visiting Expert detailing the research and teaching programme with which he/she could assist at the host institute (template available in the online form);
Supporting statement from the head of the host institution (template available in the online form)