TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2018/2019 for Researchers (Funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Are you a researcher from a developing country who wishes to pursue research in biotechnology? Apply now open for the TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2018/2019.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of the Ministry of Science and Technology in India, and TWAS have established this fellowship programme for foreign scholars from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in biotechnology in India. TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at key biotechnology research institutions in India for a period of up to five years.
TWAS – The World Academy of Sciences for the advancement of science in developing countries – works to support sustainable prosperity through research, education, policy and diplomacy. TWAS is a global science academy based in Trieste, Italy.
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover for living costs, food and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year;
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India);
- Must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in India or any developed country;
- Hold a Master’s or equivalent degree in science or engineering;
- For SANDWICH Fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (sample is included in the application form); OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships; be willing to register at a university in India;
- Be accepted at a biotechnology institution in India. N.B. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the chosen host institution(s), and NOT to DBT.
- Provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- Provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.