The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) recrute 01 Regional Controller – Central, West Africa
|Localisation||Dakar / Sénégal|
|Expiration||28 Aout 2018|
Description de l’offre
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP, our expert deployment capacity, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Do you want to be part of the Regional Office covering Central and West Africa? NRC is looking for a highly motivated, fluent English and French speaking Regional Controller. The Central and West Africa Regional Office serves country operations in Mali, Nigeria, Cameroon, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of Congo and is currently based in Dakar, Senegal.
The purpose of the Regional Controller position is to support the country offices in implementation of Finance in accordance with NRC policies and procedures. The regional Controller can also on behalf of the Regional Head of Finance perform quality and compliance control.
● Provide strategic advice and technical support to the Country Offices in the region on Finance.
● Support and monitor compliance with the Finance handbooks and NRC policies, and respective quality assurances.
● Monitor overall financial reporting and financial control, as well as cash flows for NRC Country Offices (CO).
● Contribute to the development of policies, strategies, tools and new approaches, with a focus on innovation and piloting
Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and disseminated both within the region and beyond
● Provide capacity development across Country Offices in the region and the Regional Office
● Control and approve all budgets and financial reports before submission to donors.
● Review co-funding requests and provide recommendations to Global Finance Adviser focal point for approval/rejection
● Perform financial analysis of the country funding status including Master Budget analysis (check cost coverage)
● Review audit management letters before submission to the auditors and donor.
– Minimum 3 years of experience as Finance Advisor/Expert or similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
– Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
– Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
– Knowledge of the countries supported by the Region is an asset
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
Commencement: October 2018
Duration: 24 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
Grade: 9 in NRC Grade Structure
Duty station: Dakar
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, please click on the link below :