Starting date: 02nd of February 2020
Duration: 12 months
Activity rate: 100%
Location : Lausanne (Switzerland)
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
The assistant sits within the Quality & Accountability Unit. Under the supervision of the Safeguarding Specialist, s/he supports the implementation of the Tdh Strategy, in key functions related to:
- Risk Management (anti-fraud and safety/security)
- Quality & Accountability
Support entails both administrative and operational tasks, in line with Tdh policies and procedures. (S)he will engage with both headquarters staff and country delegations. Given the sensitive subject matter, (s)he is held to the highest standards of confidentiality. (S)he will coordinate with all the stakeholders involved in incident management (safeguarding, anti-fraud and safety/security) and report to the line manager.
Administrative support to Safeguarding (Case Management and other) (40%): The assistant will be a permanent member of the Safeguarding Case Management Cell, responsible for notetaking, documenting, and the archiving of the case management process (i.e. including the incident database). The assistant will provide induction briefings to newcomer staff and will be in charge of the update of the knowledge management tools (Knowledge management centers and Safeguarding Community of Practice).
Administrative support to Risk Case Management (30%): The assistant will keep up to date the incident database, producing periodic reports. (S)he flags overdue / open incidents.
Operational support for CHS Self-Assessment (30%): The assistant will support the CHS self-asssement process. This will entail liaison with country delegations, support in conducting interviews, and analysing/documenting/archiving the findings.
Additional support to Quality & Accountability Unit: The assistant will assist the safeguarding specialist and the Q&A unit on additional tasks (e.g. preparing tools, arranging translations, events) or other miscalleneous items.
- University Degree in Law, Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations, or related field,
- Demonstrated related experience (e.g. academic research, prior internships, prior employment),
- Proven competencies in data collection and analysis would be a major advantage,
- English and French required, Spanish and Arabic desired
- Good knowledge or Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated interest in the field of humanitarian or development work
- Attention to detail
1’500 CHF / gross per month (ongoing studies) – 2’400 CHF / gross per month (studies completed)
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JbHyjNyC?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418