Terre des hommes recruits 01 Head of Multi-Country Delegation
Terre des hommes is recruiting a new Head for its Multi-Country Delegation in Latin America (LA MCD), covering Tdh operations in Colombia, Ecuador and partnerships in other countries of LA.
Position Start Date: January 01, 2021.
Duration: One-year, local contract (no expatriate benefits), full-time contract, renewable.
Location: Bogota or Quito, with occasional travel in the region.
We encourage local candidates to apply. Foreign applicants must have a valid permit to work and reside in one of the two countries, Colombia or Ecuador.
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
In Latin America, Terre des hommes (Tdh) supports children who got into conflict with the law, does prevention work and fights for alternatives to their detention. We support changes of laws and practices that promote a child-friendly justice and develop actions with displaced communities where children are often the first victims.
As a representative of the Foundation in the region, the Head of Multi-Country delegation leads the strategic positioning and development of Tdh in Latin America.
- Oversee the operational management of Tdh presence in Colombia, Ecuador and directly supervise the implementing partners in the other countries of the region.
- In collaboration with the regional program team and country managers, leads the strategic design and implementation of Tdh operations in Latin America.
- Develop and guarantee the implementation of the Annual Operational Plans (POA) of the delegation while complying with the strategic planning and the internal processes as budget management, HR and logistics management, operational risk management, quality and accountability.
- In collaboration with regional and country teams, develops and leads the fundraising and partnership strategies for the delegation.
- Oversee the internal and external communication of the delegation.
- Act as liaison between the global HQ and delegation level.
- Ensure the local interventions are aligned with global strategies, policies and standards.
- University degree (master level) from an accredited educational institution in political science, international relations, business or public administration, marketing, law, economics, development or humanitarian studies or a related discipline;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position (managing a delegation).
- Experience of working in a highly collaborative environment with minimal direct supervision in complex regional setting;
- Strong fundraising experience and knowledge of donor mechanisms, notably US donors, UN bodies, EC, SDC etc.
- Expertise in child protection is a must. Knowledge, networks and expertise in specific areas (migration, access to justice, health) will be considered an advantage.
- Background and interest in innovation will be an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Spanish. Fully proficient in writing and editing.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong team leadership qualities;
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please send your application file (CV and Cover Letter) to email@example.com
Application files sent will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter in ENGLISH).
Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418