Position Start Date: as soon as possible
Duration: 12 months – local contract
Location: Flexible – in one of Terre des hommes offices in the region (Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Myanmar) with frequent travel in the region
Closing date: 27.09.2020
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the largest Swiss children’s relief organization. Since 1960, Tdh has been helping to build a better future for disadvantaged children and their communities through innovative and sustainable solutions. Present in 32 countries with an operational budget of more than 90 million Swiss francs, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement in-field projects that improve daily lives of more than three million children and their families in the areas of health, protection and emergency. Our mission is financed by individual and institutional donors, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
In Asia, Tdh intervenes directly in Bangladesh, India, Nepal and Myanmar, with programs focused on migration, health, WASH and child protection, working both in development and humanitarian contexts.
The Regional Quality and Accountability Advisor will support the region and its delegations in the design and implementation of Tdh’s Q & A approach within Asia region. The incumbent will be responsible for promoting Quality and Accountability within projects and programs in the region through methodological and technical support to operational staff based in the region’s delegations. This position will be involved in project cycle management (situation analysis, strategy development, operational programming, monitoring, project steering, evaluation, capitalization), information management process and optimal information exchange, communication as well as participation in the decision-making processes of the key stakeholders (accountability).
Strategy and Management
- To guide and support the development and implementation of the Quality & Accountability strategy at the regional and delegation levels in line with Tdh’s policies and guidelines;
- Helps to consolidate and disseminate ‘lessons learned’ and promotes a culture of openness and exchange;
Technical and Methodological Support
- Supports the delegations to develop their Q&A (including M&E and IM) capacities;
- Provides Q&A (including M&E and IM) support to project and programs teams engaged in regional and complex delegation level projects;
- Supports situation analysis, strategy development, monitoring & evaluation, information management, capitalization and accountability.
Learning / Training
- Contribute to identifying Q&A related thematic issues;
- Develop and implement a capacity building strategic plan for programs and project teams, M&E and IM staff;
- Organize ad hoc mentoring and training sessions.
Internal and External Network
- Contribute to exchange good practices between delegations;
- Foster and participate in Q&A related exchanges with the Headquarters;
- Follow up on the latest developments related to Q&A issues and contribute to adequate information dissemination;
- Participate in Q&A networks at regional levels.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international Quality & Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluating; Experience in research is an advantage.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences or relevant field
- Expertise in project cycle management, in-depth knowledge of its concepts, processes and tools, and in facilitating participatory processes;
- Expertise in the design, planning and implementation of quality and accountability processes;
- Knowledge and experience working in the field of children’s rights (protection, health) in the development / humanitarian context in Asia;
- Ability to grasp and question a problem, hypotheses and a research system, in collaboration with a team of external researchers;
- Sensitivity and knowledge of ethical issues related to project management, gender, equity, do-no harm;
- Excellent oral and written English (C2) is mandatory.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JJMJCJQW?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418