TDH recruits 01 Quality & Accountability Project Manager – Multi-Country Delegation: Jordan-Palestine
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: 6 months
Location: Amman – Jordan, with frequent travels to Palestine
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Terre des hommes (Tdh) works in Palestine since 1973 and in Jordan since 2007, in close collaboration with recognized local partners and in partnership with several international donors. Since the end of 2019, both delegations have been gathered under one common entity, a Multi-Country Delegation (MCD).
The main coordination office of the MDC is in Amman (Jordan) and there are 3 sub-offices (1 in Irbid (Jordan), 1 in Jerusalem and 1 Gaza (Palestine)) in addition of several others implementing venues through local partners. The MCD comprises around 60 employees and 30 volunteers. All volunteers and around 50 employees are in Jordan, mainly based in the North where most of the activities are implemented, and around 10 employees are in Palestine, mainly based in Gaza where most of the activities are implemented.
The expected MCD global budget for 2020 will be around 4 million USD, with the main donors being AFD, BMZ, ECHO, UNOCHA, UNICEF and MEPI.
The Q&A Manager is in charge to ensure quality and accountability across of Tdh MCD processes, approaches, systems, tools and plans. Through provisioning methodological and technical guidance and support to operations teams, performing situation analyses, designing intervention strategies, capitalizing on lessons learned and creating the necessary conditions to inform, involve and communicate with populations and actors affected by projects and programmes (accountability).
S/he ensures that ethical principles such as gender equality, fairness and “do no harm” are respected in projects and programmes, and in the overall organizations’ decision making processes.
S/he supports an institutional culture that encourages discussion, critical thinking, collective learning and teamwork.
- Lead the development and implementation of the multi-country delegation Q&A strategy, its operational framework & the Theory of Change (ToC) M&E framework, within Tdh’s policy and orientations (in coordination with the MCD Country Representative and the MCD Programme Coordinator);
- Take responsibility for the quality of the methodological tools provided by the Q&A department to project/programme teams. Check that conditions are suitable for their adoption by teams and monitor the progress of Q&A projects;
- Set up systems that allow the multi-country delegation to constantly hear beneficiaries, partners and staff feedback on the quality of service delivery and its effectiveness; and channel this information into management decision making processes;
- Ensure projects, programmes and Q&A initiatives respect ethical principles such as gender equality, fairness, data protection, community & partner engagement, and “do no harm”. In particular, protects confidential data, applies the principles of informed consent, and protects children from any harm in his/her area of expertise;
- Actively participate and facilitate the design of intervention strategies for the delegation, programmes, projects or advocacy initiatives;
- Actively participate in new project proposals design and writing;
- Assume responsibility for the full implementation of the M&E framework and tools across all programme and projects covered by the multi-country delegation;
- Provide line management & leadership to the Q&A team, ensuring they are all supported and guided to conduct their work effectively;
- Lead hiring and orientation of new staff under his/her line management, in coordination with the HR, including finalizing the JDs, recruiting, participating in interviews;
- Contribute in the development of the staff care and capacity building plan of the Q&A team and ensures its implementation to develop and strengthen the managerial and technical skills;
- Take responsibility for building the Q&A & Programmatic skills of Tdh’s programme teams, project teams and partner organizations by ensuring that the support provided to teams furthers their training (through mentoring) and by organizing training sessions as needed;
- Proactively liaise with relevant government departments to ensure Tdh’s compliance with regulations, procedures, law and systems (in Jordan). Especially the coordination with the MOPIC, MoSD and other line ministries on project related requirements (in Jordan);
- University (Master) degree in relevant field;
- Previous experience with an INGO is mandatory;
- At least 3 years of experience on a technical/management position covering MEAL;
- Excellent oral and writing skills in English, Arabic is an asset;
- Previous experiences in the MENA region, especially Jordan and/or Palestine, would be a distinct advantage;
- Expertise in project cycle management, detailed knowledge of concepts, processes and tools, and experience in leading participative processes;
- Expertise in designing, planning and implementing Q&A initiatives (situation analyses, developing a theory of change, planning, monitoring, evaluation, capitalizing on lessons learned, participation, communication, information management);
- Knowledge of and professional experience in the children’s rights field (Child protection), and SGBV, MHPSS in the humanitarian aid/development context;
- Ability to travel to the MCD operational areas on a regular basis.
Expatriate contract under Swiss labor code 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net salary/month according to experience x 13, Annual Leave: 25 days per year. Contract includes also local accommodation and transportation, health and repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JTyohHIm?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter in ENGLISH).
Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418