Starting date : 01st of February 2020
Duration: 6 months
Activity rate: 100%
Location : Lausanne (Switzerland)
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Under the supervision of the Knowledge Management Advisor and the Records Manager, the IKM trainee participates in the deployment, implementation and respect of the Tdh information and knowledge management program.
She / He contributes primarily by entering and digitizing the archive of individual adoption files in the CASEnet case management software (in principle 70%).
She / He also helps in the design, development, launch and monitoring of the new digital knowledge enhancement platform Tdh University (in principle 30%).
- Captures data relating to persons adopted by Tdh from the available sources and according to the CASEnet interfaces.
- Digitizes the files relating to the adopted persons according to the classification principles and the scanning practices fixed in collaboration with the IKM team (Information and Knowledge Management).
- Within the IKM team, she / he actively participates through their feedbacks and proposals to improve the capture and digitalization processes.
- Documents and reports regularly on the progress of data entry and digitization operations.
Support the constitution and promotion of the Tdh University platform, by contributing to design activities
- Patient and ability to work with care on delicate paper records
- Education level: University or CFC
- Attention to detail
- Linguistic level: Fluent French, German (B1), and English (B1)
- Affinity for technology
- Affinity for information management,
- Experience in information classification
1’500 CHF / gross per month (ongoing studies) – 2’400 CHF / gross per month (studies completed)
Child Safeguarding Policy:
- Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children
- Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others
- Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies:
Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JXetYXbE?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418