Tdh recruits 01 Country Representative
Position Start Date: 1st of August 2019
Duration: 12 months, renewable
Location: Cairo – Egypt
Working time: 100 %
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss organisation for children’s aid. Since 1960, Tdh has helped build a better future for deprived children and their communities, making an impact with innovative and sustainable solutions. Active in more than 45 countries, Tdh works with local and international partners to develop and implement field projects which improve the daily lives of over 3 million children and their relatives, in the domains of health, protection and emergency relief. This engagement is financed by individual and institutional support, with administrative costs kept to a minimum.
Tdh has been present in Egypt since 1983 and is actually active in Cairo, Damietta and Assiut. Projects address Migration issues, Child Labour, Violence Against Children and Juvenile Justice. Tdh is actually working with UNICEF, UNHCR, ECHO and SDC funds.
As a representative of the Foundation, the Country Representative leads, coordinates and manages all the activities linked to the Terre des hommes projects in his/her country of assignment: Network work, planning, checking and evaluation of the projects, fund-raising, human resources, finances and administration. The Country Representative supports the local Terre des hommes partners, and, in collaboration with the different parties, ensures the Foundation’s intervention strategy is implemented and developed.
- To represent Tdh (also legally) and promote the globality of its mandate in the countries of intervention.
- In collaboration with the programs, to create the Strategic Planning (PS) of the interventions of the delegation, in compliance with the general reference framework.
- To create and guarantee the implementation of the Annual operational plans (POA) of the delegation while complying with the strategic planning and the internal processes (budget management, HR and logistics manager, quality of accountability).
- To guarantee the implementation of an operational risk management system in the Delegation.
- To manage the delegation teams.
- To ensure the internal and external communication of the delegation.
Main priorities :
- Develop and diversify the fundraising portfolio of the delegation and ensure a close and regular budget expenditures follow-up and analysis.
- Ensure the alignment and reinforcement of the structure with the current and expected financial volume.
- Implement the strategy (2019-2021) and ensure regular review and adaptation with a strong involvement from the national team.
- Reinforcement of the operations and support departments and of the inter-department coordination and collaboration.
- Support the regional reflections and initiatives and play an active role.
- Education: University degree in relevant field
- Language: Excellent oral and writing skills in English C2, French an asset
- Experience: At least 5 years previous experience of seniority in an NGO at a management position in the field (expatriation)
- IT Knowledge: Mastery of the usual tools
- Extensive experience in expatriate team management
- Experience in a matrix management leadership
- Experience in unstable areas of intervention and strong capacity in evaluation of risks
- Capacity to develop the secure base link in crisis situations
- Capacity to develop strategic partnerships
- Capacity to analyse and synthesize the information
- Significant knowledge of the financial backer mechanisms
- Responsive, motivated, good communicator
- Ability to work in an inter cultural environment
- Ability to work under pressure
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 3’400 CHF (~2’950 €) < > 4’750 CHF (~4’100 €) net /month according to experience x 13 times, Vacancy: 25 days annual leaves local accommodation and transportation, Health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online: http://www.jobs.net/j/JeMRQULH?idpartenaire=20002
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter). Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418