Submit Proposals for Voice’s Re-think, Improve, Disrupt! Global Innovate and Learn Grants
Deadline: 7 October 2018
Do you have an innovative idea to address the marginalisation and discrimination experienced by Voice target groups? Do you feel civil societyneeds to break from current practices and think differently? Do you have the ability to connect new ideas and approaches that can be leveraged to meet the challenges faced by your community? Are your approaches able to propel issues of excluded groups to the centre of political and social debates? Do you have an experimental mindset and willing to learn, improve and try to scale up disruptive approaches? If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then apply for Re-think, Improve, Disrupt! Global Innovate and Learn Grants.
This call aims to generate new knowledge and evidence on new approaches that work best to foster inclusion of those who remain marginalised and underrepresented in Africa and Asia. Voice offers an opportunity for applicants to learn from their own and other experiences; to test and document which approaches, services or delivery channels can catalyse disruptive innovations to defy social exclusion, and to share these lessons with the wider community.
This call is intended for groups, social enterprises organisations, networks (or a consortium of these) to test, learn and potentially scale-up new approaches. Partnerships and alliances are encouraged between public and private institutions, including social enterprises. But keep in mind that a government institution can be an ally but not be a co-implementing partner receiving funding directly from Voice.
The grant is available from €5.000 to € 200.000 for a minimum duration of 12 months to maximum 24 months.
Priority is given to applications that work on, for and/or with the following intersectional target groups:
- Elderly Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and/or Intersex (LGBTI+) people
- Elderly women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Lesbian, Bisexual, Queer and/or Intersex (LBQI+) women facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Young women with disabilities facing exploitation, abuse and/or violence
- Indigenous peoples and/or ethnic minorities with disability
Applicant’s project can look at least one or more of the following impact themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources (finance, land and water) and employment,
- Improved access to social services, health and education in particular, and
- Open-up spaces for political participation and promote citizen engagement
In terms of geographical focus, projects can be implemented in any country in Africa and/or Asia (considered least developed, low income countries, and/or lower middle-income range) in Africa and Asia AND in at least one Voice focus country in any of the following regions:
- East Africa (Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda)
- West Africa (Nigeria, Niger and Mali)
- Southeast Asia (Cambodia, Laos, Philippines and Indonesia)
Preference is given to under-represented groups in regions, such as for example LGBTI people in West Africa.
How to Apply
Please take the eligibility test available on the given website.
For more information, please visit Global Innovate and Learn Grants.