Submit Proposals for Voice’s Policy to Action: Nigeria Influencing Grant Program!
Deadline: 30 September 2018
Voice is currently inviting applicants for its “Policy to Action: NigeriaInfluencing Grant” program to strengthen the influencing, lobby and advocacy capacity of Voice target groups, so that they can amplify their voices and influence policies at grassroot level.
- This grant is available for a minimum of €25, 000 and a maximum of €200, 000.
- The life of projects under this grant must not exceed 36 months.
- Age Discriminated Groups: Youths and Elderly
- Ethnic Minority and Indigenous People
- LGBTI (Lesbians, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex) group
- Women facing Exploitation, Abuse and Violence (WEAV)
- People with Disability (PWD)
All projects MUST focus on at least one of the following impact themes:
- Improved access to (productive) resources such as land, extractives and employment,
- Improved access to social services, particularly health and education, and
- Fostering space for political participation and citizen engagement
Examples of interventions
Examples of interventions that will interest this type of grant include but are not limited to:
- Raising a community of citizens (especially Nigerian Youths) who are challenging norms, policies, practices etc. that are not inclusive;
- Bridging gender gaps, power differences, resource imbalance etc. as it affects the Voice groups at grassroot level;
- Actions advancing rule of law, good governance, inclusive, transparent/accountable governance at grassroot level;
- Effective implementation of existing laws that promote inclusiveness and rights of Voice groups;
- Campaign for the passage of justice bills that address issues affecting the Voice target groups;
- Actions that facilitate platforms for strategic and effective engagement with duty bearers both at state and community level;
- Applications will be accepted from ONLY locally registered not-for-profit Nigerian organisations working in Abuja and Enugu states of Nigeria.
- Applicants registered outside these States are nevertheless eligible to apply as far as they have a project base/office in the focal States and can provide the intervention there without undue travel cost on Voice.
- International organisations are NOT eligible to apply as lead organisations but can be co-applicants in case of consortium applications.
- The applicant MUST be target group-led (Voice target i.e. PWDs, Women, Youth, Elderly and Ethnic minorities) with local Board and governance structures.
How to Apply
Applicants can download the Application Form and the Budget Template via given website.
For more information, please visit Nigeria Influencing Grant.