SNV recrute 01 Chargé de Développement d’Affaires
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in Agriculture, Energy and WASH to local contexts. Over the last 9 years SNV has transitioned from an organization dependent on core funding from the Dutch Government to one that now successfully competed for project funding from institutional donors. SNV has an annual turnover of €120 million, over 1,300 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America and it has demonstrated the capacity to consistently win awards in the €10—25 million range.
In our Strategic Plan (2019 – 2022), SNV aims more explicitly towards systems change during project preparation and implementation by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
Our Global Business Development Team in The Hague (22 staff) has played a lead role in supporting SNV Sectors and Country teams generate our income entirely from project funding.
We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and invest in operational excellence. For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
Expériences / Formation
SNV seeks a Business Development professional with strong written and verbal communication skills in French & English and with several years of experience to join our Global Business Development team. The team is focused on supporting our Global Sector teams (Agriculture, Energy and WASH) and 20+ Country teams in achieving SNV’s business development targets defined on SNV’s Strategic Plan 2019-2022. The position will report to the Business Development Coordinator.We have an order intake of €160-€170 million per year with a diversified donor and geographical base. We are looking to enhance our capacity in French-speaking markets (with a focus on Sahel Region). We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast paced, competitive environment, with a drive to win.
As Business Development Officer you will manage the capture and prospect development of important bids (Tenders & Grants) for SNV. Potentially you may assume the Donor Account Management (DAM) role for one of SNV’s priority donors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead preparations (capture) for forecasted individual opportunities, including early intelligence gathering and pre-positioning with Donors and partner identification/engagement. Facilitate well informed (bid) decisions.
- Serve as proposal coordinator / bid manager for tenders and grant applications – lead partner negotiations and teaming agreements, coordinate effective and timely inputs of proposal team members (prospect team including country and sector technical teams) as well as partners, and prepare technical and financial proposals for submission.
- Coordinate SNV’s response to global calls for proposals, sharing information with global sector teams and with country offices, analysing requirements, coordinating the process and selection of concepts for submission.
- Drive the contract negotiation and contracting process, with both funders and partners, and ensure a smooth handover of signed agreements to the country and project teams responsible for implementation.
- Ensure a smooth handover of project documents and signed agreements to the country and project manager/ project teams responsible for implementation. If required, support the project start-up process
- Review, analyse and interpret success/loss of the bidding strategy developed and the submitted proposal, and identify possible areas of improvement.
- Lead internal improvement projects in business development processes, developing tools and templates, and training staff (within the team and sector/country colleagues).
- Assume the Donor Account Management role (max20% of the time) for one of SNV’s priority donors (to be determined). In this role you will be responsible for identify/track donor policy, trends and priorities and coordinate/facilitate information and knowledge sharing within SNV through regular communication and internal updates. Additionally, you will support SNV country teams to manage in-country relationships. Stemming from the above, it is expected that opportunities are identified/assessed at early stages.
- Qualification (preferably post graduate) in international development, international business, or related technical field of expertise.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in new business development or in institutional fundraising in an international non-profit or consultancy firm.
- Sound understanding of funding mechanisms and procurement procedures in the international development sector.
- Proven track record of planning and leading multi-million Euro proposal submissions with ate least 1 of the following donors DGIS/EKN, European Union, FCDO, USAID, SDC, SIDA, ENDEV, DANIDA, Private Foundations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French are a must.
- Working experience in developing countries is desirable. Experience with Sahel countries is positively valued.
- High level of commercial acumen, able to assess what it takes to win, and to lead on commercial elements of the bid, including pricing and value for money.
- Pro-active work approach, with an attention to detail and able to support multiple and shifting demands and deadlines.
- Focus on quality and result-oriented
- Comfortable working in virtual teams in an international, multi-cultural setting
- Capacity to develop conceptual thinking by gaining insight into situations, problems and processes. Used to deconstruct problems and systematically investigating the various components
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU without sponsorship.
Contract Type: Dutch employment contract for two years, with possibility of extension.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org/careers.
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation before July 15th 2022.