SNV recruits 01 National Consultants – Roster
Call for National Consultants – Roster Zambia
Lusaka, ZambiaPart-timeContract type: Short term consultancy contract
Company DescriptionSNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change during project preparation and implementation – by strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects. We will continue to position ourselves as a premium organisation and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
Background:SNV as part of a consortium is implementing a global fund that will provide finance and Technical Assistance (TA) to projects with a focus on climate change adaptation and mobilize external private sector funding at scale.
The Dutch Fund for Climate and Development (DFCD, website: www.thedfcd.com) allows for investments in projects aimed at climate change adaptation and mitigation in developing countries. SNV, as part of the Origination Facility, will identify and develop, together with local companies and stakeholders, bankable business case/projects which can subsequently be picked up by the Finance Facilities (Water and Land-use) for further development, match-making and investment. The DFCD presents an important additional instrument for the Dutch government’s efforts in contributing to the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Assignment DescriptionFor the development of bankable climate change projects in DFCD’s project pipeline, SNV is setting up a roster of qualified Consultants for the following topics:
1. Business analysis: Main areas of attention: economic analysis of investment plans, financial/economic feasibility studies including cash flow, economic/financial revenue forecasts of agriculture/forestry business investment plans.
2. Development of Landscape narratives for the identification of large private investment proposals that have positive impacts on Climate change adaptation and improved resilience of most vulnerable groups in these specific landscapes, including Environmental and Social Safeguard assessments.
3. Social inclusion/ Multi-stakeholder approaches: Development and facilitation of Social inclusion/ Multi-stakeholder approaches, including Prior and informed Consent (FPIC) consultations of local populations and gender equality.
Eligible Consultants/Firms are expected to have the following Qualifications in their respective topic of interest:Master’s degree in relevant field
At least 5 years of relevant working experience on the topic of interest (Business & Market analysis /Landscape Narratives / Social Inclusion and Multi-Stakeholder approaches)A proven track record of conducting assignments for international organizations on the topic of interest
Excellent English written and oral communication skills and ability to write for a range of audience and purposes.
Additional InformationInterested Consultants or firms are requested to submit:
Consulting Firms and Individual Consultants are requested to submit their expression of interest via SmartRecruiters on or before 31st July 2020. Interested parties are requested to upload the following documents to the platform:
– Expression of Interest – Stating the Topic of interest (Business/Market Analysis OR Landscape Narrative OR Social Inclusion/Multi Stakeholder Approaches)
– Company Profile incl. capability Statement (if the interested party is a firm)
– CV of potential Lead Consultant(s) / Individual Consultant
– Track Record: List and brief summary of assignments conducted.
– Rates: Indication of Daily-Rates and Daily Subsistence Allowance Rate (valid through to December 2020)
Qualified Consultants/Firms will be requested to submit a full proposal (both technical and financial) based on TOR at a later stage. All information will be dealt with strict confidentiality.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.
NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted