SI recruits 01 Situation Analysis Specialist (F/M)
Desired start date: 05 september 2022
Duration: Fixed-term contract – Until 02 june 2023
Location: around 60% in the field / 40% in Solidarités International headquarters or from home
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their basic needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI’s interventions provide expertise in the field of access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of food security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams – 2000 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at HQ, and a few volunteers – intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms.
ABOUT THE JOB…
A good humanitarian response is based on an accurate and holistic situational analysis that specifies the characteristics and underlying cause of a shock, highlights unmet needs, existing community support mechanisms, and the differentiated impact of the crisis on populations and their vulnerabilities.
To enhance our ability to understand the current and future needs of people in vulnerable situations, to establish gaps in existing responses, and to identify factors that lead to the resurgence of crisis, SI developed in 2021 an analytical tool: the SI Situation Analysis Framework (SISAF). This methodology was piloted in 2 countries the same year.
Within the Direction of Operations, and under the supervision of the Head of Program Unit, the Situation Analysis Specialist leads the finalization and deployment of the SISAF within SI’s missions, based on the lessons learned from the pilots, internal and external prerequisites.
- To finalize the SISAF methodology and associated tools
- To finalize the facilitation guide for SISAF moderators, and booklet for participants
- To develop and carry out training of trainers
- To organize and lead the deployment in prioritized countries
POSITION IN THE ORGANIGRAM
Under the hierarchical authority of: Head of Program Unit
Functional management of: Desk Program Managers
He/she finalizes the Situation Analysis Framework and carries out training prior to the deployment
- With the support of the Head of Program unit, he/she organizes and facilitates a kick-off meeting and workshops for the finalization of the methodology and related documents
- He/she contributes to the identification of the prerequisites in terms of data program management with the support of the Monitoring & Data Program Management Advisor at headquarters
- He/she finalizes the set of methodologies and associated tools based on feedback and recommendations from the two pilots, and ensures alignment with SI’s sectoral policies and frameworks (such as protection mainstreaming, gender analysis, access and security, etc.)
- He/she finalizes the facilitation guide and workshop materials for the dissemination of the methodology
- Based on the facilitation guide, he/she carries out training of trainers for HQ staff at (desk level)
- He/she ensures the vulgarization of the SISAF to a large audience at headquarters level with a focus on operations
He/she deploys the SISAF in SI’s countries of operation:
- He/she develops the definition of the deployment plan
- He/she prepares the deployment with the different actors involved (headquarters and country offices)
- He/she leads the deployment of the SISAF, co-facilitates workshops and supports field operational teams in implementing SISAF
- He/she debriefs and capitalizes on each new deployment experience, proposes contextualized adjustments, and supports remote follow up with the desks
Experience and skills required
- Min. of 5-year-field-experience as Field coordinator, Program Coordinator and/or Country Director
- Fluent in English and French
- Good analytical capacities
- Very good data collection, data analysis and data management capacities required (including qualitative data)
- Experience in training and development of training materials (remote and on site)
- English: fluent
- French: fluent
- Spanish: would be an asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
- Fixed-term contract – Until 02 june 2023
- 60% in country (at least 3 deployments), 40% based in Solidarités International’s Headquarter in Clichy-la-Garenne. Consideration for off-site work time outside HQ will be negotiable
- Expatriate contract calculated based on the expatriate salary scale – gross salary from 2600 euros/month, excluding the valuation of experience in NGOs
- 5 weeks paid vacation + one day off per weekend spent in the field
- Health insurance and repatriation (100% covered)
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, please send us your CV and cover letter through the following link : https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=P1IFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NQ9&nPostingTargetID=72350
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org