Egypt Cluster Manager – Sealand Europe & Mediterranean, A Maersk Company
Last application date: 18/12/2019
With continuous growth since our launch in 2011, Sealand is an established Intra European container carrier with a clear ambition to continue to pursue profitable growth. We are looking for our next General Manager for the Egypt cluster, a high impact role with an opportunity to lead a multi-country cluster with significant growth potential in both Ocean and Logistics and Services.
You will have a unique opportunity to work in a truly global business. You will have overall responsibility for a cluster, covering Egypt, Lebanon and Libya including leadership, profitability, operational efficiency, strategy execution and corporate governance.
• Lead, develop and grow the local business through formulation and execution of the business strategy
• Accountability for driving business performance in all commercial and service activities
• Deliver the cluster scorecard, budget and business plans for the cluster
• Coach the functional leaders, from market intelligence to delivery and development of new business opportunities
• Liaise actively with Market Managers and Revenue Management at HQ to ensure competitive pricing is available for the local market conditions and deliver yield and utilisation targets
• Drive engagement in the organisation as a role model with a focus on cost and profitability
• Act as change agent, for organisational and process transformation.
We are looking for
• Education at Masters level
• 10 -15 years of transportation/logistics industry experience
• Sales management experience
• Leadership experience
• In depth understanding of the transportation/logistics industry
• Energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards.
• Excellent communication skills, can relate to people at all levels on an organization
• Proven track record of customer management and ability to develop relationships
• Excellent conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving skills, strong cultural awareness.
• Well organized and self-directed individual who is politically savvy and a team player.
• Results oriented with a solution focussed mindset
• Fluent English and Arabic language capabilities is a requirement.
• Willingness to travel within cluster frequently.