PUR Projet is a global leader in supply chain sustainability. We develop socio-environmental projects within the supply chains of our
Corporate Partners. Through the economic and social empowerment of local communities and the introduction of sustainable
development initiatives at the agricultural level, PUR Projet seeks to address climate change, while regenerating and preserving the
ecosystems upon which these supply chains depend. Many of PUR Projet’s projects fall within the categories of insetting,
regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, forest conservation and landscape restoration.
PUR Projet employes over 80 people in 14 countries and 9 legal entities around the world.
The Finance & Accounting is expected to roll-out financial procedures devised at group level, manage accounts, general ledger and cash-flow of PUR Projet’s entities in Thailand and Indonesia, ensure timely and complete payments to suppliers, vendors and employees, manage exchange rate risks, submit tax returns with the Thai revenue department and improve company tools. In addition, he/she is also in charge of the costs controlling of Pur Projet Asia projects, including financial report and budget review to the management, in cooperation with the Regional Manager. He/she is supported from external experts / subcontractors, when necessary. And will support the development of new activities of plastic and waste collection and recycling.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT – Thailand & Indonesia
- Review supplier invoices/receipts and record invoices/receipts in PUR Projet’s accounting system
- Prepare and ensure timely and correct payments to suppliers based in Thailand
- Administrate the general ledger and submit monthly reports to the global Finance and Accounting Team and the Thai Revenue Department
- Monitor cash-flow, identify and sort cash-flow shortages with anticipation
- Produce reports on cash-flow, project costs and administrative costs
ACCOUNTING – Thailand & Indonesia
- Follow up on general accounting matters, reconcile accounts and prepare the proper documents
- Function as the point of contact with external accountancy firms for the follow-up and control of accounting entries
CONTROLLING – Asia Region
- Coordinate the corporate financial process of costs controlling: budget and quarterly financial reporting
- Support the Regional Manager with ad-hoc financial analysis of new or existing projects
- Prepare and submit monthly WHT returns with the Thai Revenue Department, avoid penalties for late submission
- Prepare and submit annual financial report to the Thai Revenue Departments
- Contribute to improved finance and accounting standards and tools
Under the functional management of the CFO of the group Pur Projet, the successful Candidate will report operationally and on a day-to day basis to the regional manager.
Experience / Training
- Graduated from an international renowned university in Thailand, having at least a Bachelor degree in Accounting and/ or Finance. A master degree in the aforementioned field is considered a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in audits, managing accounts, general ledger, cash-flow and controlling as well as HR topics. Any experience working with an international SMEs will be seen as a strong asset for this position
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel and financial information system software; and comfort with cloud-based data storage applications such as Google Drive. Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to synthesize findings.
- Candidates must be fluent in Thai and English. A professional fluency in French is considered a strong asset for this position.
Location: Bangkok, with regular travels to Chiang Mai. It is expected that the successful Candidate spends one month in Chiang Mai upon arrival with the current Finance & Accounting manager, as his/her onboarding process. The successful Candidate might be expected to travel to the offices of the company in Singapore, Paris and/or Toronto.
How to apply
PUR Projet kindly asks that interested candidates submit their CV and a cover letter no later than December 16th t of 2020, describing their motivation and relevant experience, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org copying: email@example.com with the subject ‘FINANCE & ACCOUNTING OFFICER ASIA– LAST NAME, FIRST NAME’. All candidates will receive a confirmation email upon receipt. Candidates will be considered on a continuous basis till the position is filled.