Plan International recruits 01 USAID Girls’ Empowerment Program Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor
Location: Maadi, C, EG
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination and it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries
Project and Position Description
Plan International is seeking a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor for the USAID funded Inter-Community Girls Empowerment Activity in Egypt. The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor is responsible for providing leadership to ensure that gender considerations are integrated into the design, review and/or development of program activities through gender-aware and gender-transformative programming at the community level. The position is contingent upon award of the project by the donor.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision to mainstream gender throughout the project.
- Ensure all activities are aligned with Plan International Egypt’s (PIE) overarching gender strategy framework (while being responsive to USAID requirements) working closely with PIE Gender Equality Advisor.
- Ensure that gender considerations are integrated into the design, review and/or development of program activities through gender-aware and gender-transformative programming.
- Lead efforts to build the capacity of project staff, and other key stakeholders including communities and government partners to mainstream gender across all project activities at the individual, household and community levels.
- Conduct trainings and Training of Trainers (ToT) for project staff and community workforces to support the development and implementation of gender-aware and gender-transformative interventions.
- Promote male engagement and introduce notions of positive masculinities regarding gender norms and roles.
- Collaborate with the project Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning unit to ensure that the outcomes and impact of the gender activities is measured and evaluated for constant learning and improvement.
- Promote and support the dissemination of best practices related to gender among the project teams.
- Contribute to timely, accurate, and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to the donor, including progress reports and annual reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with PIE Gender Equality Advisor regarding other related projects and activities ongoing in Egypt including Plan’s ongoing programs.
- Lead the development of annual work plans and contribute to development of performance monitoring plans for the project.
- Ensure Plan’s Child Protection Policy and Guidelines are adhered to during project implementation
- Masters in Gender Studies, International development, or other related field required.
- A minimum of ten 10 years’ international experience in designing, managing, and implementing community development and gender programming in developing countries
- At least six (6) years of experience with gender mainstreaming, and gender issues related to girls’ or women’s empowerment
- Experience in the development and implementation of gender-specific training for international organizations, NGOs, or other civil society organizations essential
- Experience developing high-impact gender tools and materials
- Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of international development and integrated program activities in the areas of girls’ and women’s empowerment, and gender integration
- Demonstrated experience providing technical assistance to support the integration of gender in USG-funded projects preferred
- Understanding of USAID GBV and human trafficking policies and interventions preferred
- Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English required
Level of Contact with Children: Mid contact with children
Type of Role: Fixed-term contract
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Salary: Competitive salary available
Reports to: Egypt Country Director
Closing Date: 15/09/2019