Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 102 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale, and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009 with a training center based in Cebu in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
After the end of the university semester, and at the beginning of the summer holidays, remedial classes will be given to students to reinforce the skills and knowledge they have gained during the two preceding semesters. These classes will be administered to students who have lagged behind in their training at the university so that when the next semester starts, they will have gained enough knowledge and skills for them to be at par with the other students.
The Java Mentor will work together with the IT and Training Team in designing and delivering the remedial classes for Java. The topics included are core Java features (Math, arrays, String, etc.) and Object Oriented Programming concepts (classes, attributes, methods, encapsulation, abstract, interfaces, etc.). Some course materials for these topics can also be made available for the mentor to use during the classes.
In addition, the trainer will also identify the students’ needs, and devise creative ways of addressing individual challenges and administering the classes to ensure that the students are engaged during the class to position them for maximum retention of their learnings.
● Collaborate with the Training Team regarding the different topics to be administered during the remedial classes, and identifying the needs of struggling students.
● Prepare and dedicate time in advance to prepare the materials and content for the remedial classes.
● Lead the classes and activities during one full week.
● Collaborate with the teacher from the University of San Carlos to administer a final remedial exam or project.
4. PROFILE / COMPETENCIES OF THE VOLUNTEERS
● Skills and knowledge in: Java core and advanced features, algorithms, and Object-Oriented Programming.
● Relevant working experience in Software Development.
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
● Strong interest in education, and working with young, underprivileged adults.
● Pedagogical skills, previous experiences of teaching would be a plus.
Pour publier des offres d'emploi sur Concoursn.com, veuillez les envoyer à firstname.lastname@example.org
Pour voir le résumé des offres au Sénégal chaque jour, veuillez vous abonner à la chaine youtube Rebranding Sénégal https://www.youtube.com/c/moussakayre