Passerelles Numeriques recruits 01 English trainer
Passerelles numériques (PN), a non-profit organization, is dedicated to enabling highly disadvantaged youths, through their abilities and their commitment, to access education and technical and vocational training in the sector of Information Technology. We work to build strong employability which will allow them and their families to sustainably escape poverty and contribute to the social and economic development of their countries.
Established in Cambodia, the Philippines, and Vietnam, Passerelles numériques currently trains 342 students and employs 102 people based in these three countries including a small team in France.
Passerelles numériques relies on the financial and skills sponsorship of several corporate partners such as Accenture, Econocom, Microsoft and Société Générale, and also receives support from individual donors.
In the Philippines, Passerelles numériques started its mission in 2009 with a training center based in Cebu in the central region of the Visayas. PN Philippines offers a two years and a half vocational training program for young people in precarious situations.
The pre-training, which occurs during the six weeks preceding the scholars’ core training at the university, aims to prepare the students for university life by introducing skills and techniques for learning. In addition, since the scholars are selected from different localities with disparate standards in education, the pre-training also aims to level off the scholars’ knowledge and skills in Communication, English, Math, and Computers, so that no scholar may be left behind when they begin their core training.
The English module, in particular, is designed to reinforce the students’ English competency in reading, writing, and speaking with emphasis on the practical use of grammar for self-expression, academic advancement, and professional communication. It covers fundamental topics in English such as semantics, syntax, grammar, as well as
written and oral skills in English.
An outline of the English training module, as well as course materials, will be provided by the IT and Training Team to serve as a guide for the volunteers who wish to teach the subject. Moreover, the volunteer may decide on the administration of the lessons and activities and may also make modifications in the module, in collaboration with the IT and Training team, when deemed necessary.
Lastly, as the scholars have been selected from various social backgrounds which are often precarious in nature, the volunteer is also encouraged to engage in cultural exchange, share experiences, and bolster the confidence of the scholars as they begin their intensive training at the university.
Before the Mission
● To collaborate with the IT & Training team on the content of the Pre-training modules
● To take the time to read the content of the training ahead of the mission, start to prepare his/her classes, and give feedback to improve the training dynamics with the students
During the Mission
● To prepare and deliver the classes every day with other volunteers and local staff
● To constantly update the PN staff, especially the Training and Education team, of the students’ performance, attendance, motivation, and behavior which will eventually be one of the bases for creating new and
balanced groups for their university training
● To engage in cultural exchange and be a supportive and guiding professional figure to students who have been out of school for some time and come from economically disadvantaged and/or dysfunctional families
4. PROFILE / COMPETENCIES OF THE VOLUNTEERS
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
● Strong knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary, as well as teaching methodologies
● Proficient in Business English as a subject (project presentation, business writing, and general communication)
● Strong interest in education and working with young adults
● Previous teaching experience is an advantage
● Strong capacity to adapt to a different culture and to a different working environment
● Able to teach with patience and adapt to the learning capacity of each student
Pour publier des offres d'emploi sur Concoursn.com, veuillez les envoyer à email@example.com
Pour voir le résumé des offres au Sénégal chaque jour, veuillez vous abonner à la chaine youtube Rebranding Sénégal https://www.youtube.com/c/moussakayre