Partnering for Innovation: Seeking Applications for Public Private Partnerships to Support Farmers in Cambodia
Deadline: 14 September 2018
Partnering for Innovation is currently inviting Cambodian-registered for-profit businesses to submit an applications for a program entitled “Public Private Partnerships to Support Farmers in Cambodia”.
Feed the Future Partnering for Innovation is supported by the United StatesAgency for International Development (USAID) through the Feed the Future (FTF) initiative. The goal of this funding announcement is to develop public private partnerships to support agricultural growth and development in Cambodia and complement the US Government Global Food Security Strategy by directly engaging with the private sector. Through these activities and investments, farmers at all levels of production, including small and medium-sized farmers cultivating up to five hectares of land, will benefit from increased access to high quality seeds and agricultural inputs, mechanization, and other key production services as well as improved business, marketing, and distribution systems. All awards issued under Partnering for Innovation will be performance-based with partners achieving performance milestones over the period of the award.
USAID supports partnerships that develop Cambodia’s agricultural sector and spur economic growth by increasing farmer productivity and income while also reducing hunger, poverty, and food insecurity. USAID/Cambodia will work with Partnering for Innovation to identify for-profit, private sector businesses that can promote agricultural development through commercial partnerships that benefit both the businesses and their farmer customers.
Partnering for Innovation will provide funding on behalf of USAID/Cambodia by developing shared-value partnerships with private sector companies selling high-quality inputs and services to small, medium, and/or larger-scale farmer customers. For-profit businesses, including domestic and international businesses registered in Cambodia, are therefore invited to submit an application. Businesses should propose activities that incorporate innovative approaches that ultimately benefit farmers producing at any scale in at least one of the following intervention areas:
- Increased access to quality agricultural inputs, including but not limited to:
- seeds, fertilizer, crop protection products, and equipment
- biological pest control agents
- anti-counterfeit measures
- Increased access to production services including but not limited to:
- pay-per-use services (i.e. mechanization, spraying, technical assistance)
- financial and agricultural credit services
- Improved marketing systems, including but not limited to:
- improved distribution channels for inputs
- ICT solutions to increase demand for quality inputs
- Overall funding from Partnering for Innovation for this solicitation is up to $800,000 with two to three partnerships anticipated.
- The proposed partnerships are anticipated to begin in January 2019 and end on or before January 31, 2021.
- A for-profit business with a registered, legal presence in Cambodia as the lead applicant.
- Implementing partners and other organizations may be included in a consortium such as other commercial businesses, farmer cooperatives, consulting firms, NGOs, and/or business/member associations.
- At least a one-to-one match between US government funds and private sector funds. Preference will be given to proposed partnerships with higher leverage.
- Proposed partnership of up to 24 months in duration with an end date on or before January 31,
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted in English via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Public Private Partnerships.