ONU Carrière recruits 01 Human Resources Technical Expert – Screening/Review of Job Applications
Addis Ababa, Ethiopie
vacance de poste
Intitulé publication : Human Resources Technical Expert – Screening/Review of Job Applications
Département / Bureau : Commission économique pour l’Afrique
Lieu d’affectation : ADDIS ABABA
Période de candidature : – 05 juillet 2022
No de l’appel á candidature : 22-Economic Commission for Africa-185193-Consultant
Staffing Exercise N/A
Valeurs fondamentales de l’ONU : intégrité, professionnalisme, respect de la diversité
Result of Service
Provide technical expertise and services in the area of recruitment, particularly in the screening and reviewing of applications to contribute in meeting the 120-day recruitment timeline.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Telecommute)
Placement on a Roster for a period of one year. Contracts will be issued and activated as and when the need arises. Compensation rate will be established, based on experience of the candidate and the volume of work performed.
The specific arrangements will be agreed separately for each assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Human Resources Management Section (HRMS) of the Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) would like to establish a roster of a number of Technical Experts in the area of recruitment for current and future job openings. The applicants meeting the required criteria will be placed on a roster and will be contacted as and when the need arises – and are required to perform work at very short notice.
One of the identified bottlenecks in the recruitment process is the preliminary assessment of candidates, which often takes months to complete. The hiring managers juggle between a variety of priorities, which makes it often difficult to focus on the technical review of candidates. The more candidates apply to an advertised post, the longer it usually takes to finalize the assessment. The rostered Technical Experts would provide much needed support and help with the comparison of the candidates’ background against requirements expressed in the JO. In addition, support in the later parts of the assessment will contribute to finalize recruitments faster and within a maximum period of 120 days.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under the supervision of ECA’s Chief HRMS, the consultants will be required to provide technical expertise short notice, particularly in the screening and reviewing process of job applications.
The consultants’ main tasks will include to:
• Hold the necessary tele- and/or video-conferences with the Chief of HRMSS or his/her delegate and the Hiring Manager to ensure proper understanding of the qualifications sought from the recruitment exercise. Based on this understanding and the selection criteria listed in the job description, establish along with the Hiring Manager an assessment process and marking system;
• Screen and analyse applications received online against the job description and pre-determined selection criteria and marking system;
• Establish a long-list that would include at least the top 10 to 15 best-ranked candidates in order of preference and markings;
• Record a brief justification for each long-listed candidate (strengths and weaknesses);
• Provide technical support to the hiring manager, which may include preparation of a written test or other assessment questions and marking assessments;
• If required, participate in the interview process as note taker and/or technical expert. In this capacity, the expert is expected to play solely an advisory role with no rights to vote or otherwise influence the decision-making process;
• Ensure confidentiality in all procedures and exchanges of information;
• Provide other technical administrative support to the HRSS and Hiring Manager(s), as necessary.
Academic Qualifications: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in human resources management, business or public administration, social sciences, education, or related area is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience: At least 7 years of relevant experience in the areas of human resources management, administrative services or substantive areas related to the post advertised is required. Extensive experience and proven success record in the recruitment and selection of staff is required for this assignment.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required; and knowledge of French is an advantage. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Aucun frais de dossier
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.POSTULER