OIE recruits 01 Web Content Officer – Communication Department – World Organisation for Animal Health – Paris, France
Positioning and reporting
The Web Content Officer will work under the authority of the Director General and the direct supervision of the Head of the Communication Department. He/she will have a dotted-line reporting to the Editorial Communication Manager.
The OIE is currently undertaking the full renovation of its global institutional website. In this context, the Organisation is recruiting a Web Content Officer which will be responsible for the content published on the OIE institutional website and will support the redevelopment of its content.
The Web Content Officer contributes to an improved understanding of OIE’s mandate and a better visibility of its activities by ensuring their promotion on the OIE institutional website. He/she participates in the implementation of the OIE’s Editorial Communication Strategy by coordinating and taking part in the collection and development of editorial content. He is also in charge of animating the website and making sure that its content is regularly updated.
Missions and activities
Coordinate the redevelopment of the OIE institutional website’s content
• Participate and contribute in the technical OIE website renovation project and contribute to the
migration of content into the new website;
• Contribute to the establishment of a web editorial and web content strategy;
• Establish priorities and a planning for the partial redevelopment of the content;
• Manage the potential externalisation of some content development with a service provider (provider
selection, planning, budget and quality of work);
• Support the redevelopment of content on existing topics;
• Coordinate the development of guidelines for editorial web writing.
Oversee the content presented on the OIE institutional website in all OIE official languages (French,English and Spanish)
• Create SEO optimised articles and perform additional SEO related tasks;
• Coordinate the development and the publication of web content with the different departments/units of the organisation in line with the web editorial strategy;
• Develop editorial content in English and/or French and in different formats: web articles, interviews,
success stories, etc… this include writing and editing;
• Coordinate the development of visual illustrations for the web content;
• Ensure the content of the website is aligned with the Editorial strategy;
• Maintain the website up-to-date;
• Identify new formats or content to be included on the OIE institutional website and support in content
Assess the performance of the OIE institutional website
• Establish KPI’s to measure the performance of the content published on the website;
• Provide regular performance reviews of the contents impact;
• Propose improvements and/or adaptations according to the user’s experience in collaboration with the
digital communication team;
• Ensure and/or provide support to the regions in the update and optimisation of content in the regional
websites when relevant.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director General
Review current trends for web editorial
Experience / Training
Qualifications and Experience
• Undergraduate degree (bachelor or similar) in journalism, communications, social sciences or related
fields (including political science, public policy, international development,or similar) is required.
• 5 years of proven professional experience, including at least 2 years in editorial web writing;
• Experience in communications projects management and the development or delivery of
communication products in the field of environmental, scientific and/or economic data;
• Experience in an international environment would be an asset.
• High proficiency in English and French (writing and speaking);
• Excellent web writing and editing skills in two languages with perfect grammar and syntax knowledge;
• Ability to communicate complex topics to various audiences using visual, audio and written language;
• Ability to understand and explain OIE activities and their context in relation to changes in societal values, and environmental trends in the light of scientific data and economic conditions;
• Experience with keyword-optimised content for SEO;
• Experience with WordPress;
• Computer skills in a Microsoft environment;
• Ability to analyse KPIs to continuously improve and adapt the content of the website.
The following additional skills would be an asset:
• Experience in the development or delivery of communication products on the field of environmental scientific and/or public health;
• Experience with Search engine Marketing (SEM) would be an asset.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop and/or CorelDraw
• Familiarity and understanding of programming language like (HTML) and CMS like WordPress;
• Knowledge of graphic design and on the use of design tools like Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) is an asset;
• Knowledge of Spanish is a plus;
• Experience on project management.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, interpersonal);
• Desire to learn fast and self-motivated;
• ‘Can do’ attitude and ability to work within short deadlines;
• Flexibility and adaptability; Ability to plan and organise his/her own work in accordance with workplace structure;
• Courtesy, tact and ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multinational and
• Ability to manage different topics with various technical teams in parallel;
• Ability to work well as part of a team;
• Ability to be thorough and show attention to detail
• Curious, open-minded and creative.
The post is a full-time position based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris. It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
Salary base: 2400€ net/month + benefits (salary exempt of French income tax, annual bonus)
Duration: One (1) year
How to apply
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 28 October 2020 at the latest by clicking on the link below.