Mission and activities
Ensure the management and follow-up of the project
- Contribute to the development of a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress:
Identify risks and analyse, manage and propose mitigation measures to ensure timely delivery of the project;
Implement a programme monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework, performance metrics and capture information to track programme performance;
Work with the communications department to develop and implement a communication plan;
- Participate in and contribute to the preparation of background documents and progress reports for the project governance mechanisms;
- Contribute, in collaboration with the OIE’s Capacity Building Department and the World Fund Unit, to periodic reports required by donors;
- Coordinate specific technical activities and deliverables (including those implemented by consultants and external implementers), to ensure that the project delivers outputs on time, within scope and within budget.
Contribute to the overall project coordination
- Share information and collaborate with project partners to facilitate smooth implementation of the project;
- Liaise with relevant Departments and Units at the OIE HQ and regional offices involved in the implementation of the project;
- Support the management of the activities sub-awarded, outsourced or delegated to partners throughout the project, including experts, Collaborating Centres, and external suppliers.
Technical input to OIE projects
- Contribute to training and facilitation materials for country workshops in collaboration with HQ’s relevant Department and Units and VPP Experts;
- Translate documents (e.g. surveys, technical documents) into Russian and English;
- Use available data to develop country profiles relative to VPP activity in relevant countries;
- Undertake stakeholder analyses of key actors in the region related to veterinary and paraveterinary activities, including potential implementing partners;
- In later stages of the project, contribute to inception planning in other regions such as Southeast Asia or Africa;
- Share information and collaborate on OIE topics of interest (e.g. animal health, veterinary public health, veterinary education) to facilitate the smooth implementation of projects, contributing to a range of OIE projects and activities;
- Liaise with relevant Departments and Units at the OIE HQ and regional offices involved in the implementation of other relevant projects in the region.
Contribute to programme communication
- Organise and support international workshops, meetings, and conferences relevant to the project;
- Represent the OIE at external meetings as relevant;
- Provide topic-specific advice on matters relating to the project;
- Contribute to drafting papers, articles and other relevant informative technical and communication material to promote the programme’s objectives.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field, and advanced graduate degree (Master’s level) or equivalent work experience, in public health, social science, international affairs, agriculture or a DVM or equivalent degree in veterinary sciences.
- At least 3, but preferably 5 years of experience in project or programme management at national or regional level, with an animal health or veterinary public health dimension.
Required technical skills
- Good project management skills;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to summarise complex technical discussions into clear and concise reports;
- Ability to work in English at a high level, including excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent Russian language ability (oral and written).
Desirable technical skills
- Technical knowledge of the veterinary sector in Eastern Europe/Central Asia and/or procedures for the Performance of Veterinary Service Pathway (PVS) Evaluation and/or the public health sector in Eastern Europe/Central Asia.
Required interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Ability to work as a member of a diverse team spread out across different locations;
- Capacity to learn and a self-motivated worker;
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet specific deadlines;
- Demonstrated initiative, including ability to think operationally and achieve results;
- Adaptable and flexible.
The incumbent will be based in the OIE Regional Representation for Europe in Moscow, Russia, with regular international travel, particularly in the region. This role requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs. This is a fulltime position as an international civil servant based at the OIE Regional office in Moscow (Russia) that is available immediately.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by clicking on the link below by 18 February (Paris local time) at the latest.