The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The standards it develops for the trade of live animals and products of animal origin are recognised by the World Trade Organization as reference international sanitary rules (http://www.oie.int/en/).
The OIE, previously known as the « Office international des épizooties », was created on 25 January 1924. Its headquarters are based in Paris. It comprises 182 Member Countries and is present on all continents through 12 Representations or Bureaus. The OIE also maintains permanent relations with over 70 international and regional organisations.
The OIE is further developing its portfolio on laboratory sustainability with the objective to promote evidence-based laboratory biosafety and biosecurity, to foster strategic decision making for national laboratories’ resources, and to promote the implementation of OIE International Standards in the veterinary laboratory setting.
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Director General, this position falls under the supervision of the Head of the IT Unit and has a dotted-line reports with the Head of Department leading the Sustainable Laboratories.
The Data Analyst contributes to the strengthening of veterinary scientific expertise by ensuring improved understanding of and insight into the investment needs for sustainable laboratories at the regional and global levels, particularly related to resource management and sustainability. The Data Analyst contributes to the aggregation, management, analysis, and interpretation (at national, regional and global levels) of diverse and varied data concerning national laboratory systems The Data Analyst’s work will inform investment needs papers on the subject and inform the refinement of capacity building tools for OIE Members.
Missions and Activities
Analyse diverse and varied data concerning national laboratory systems and advancement in the implementation of the OIE International Standards
- Understand diverse types of data, propose and perform required analyses to reach project goals;
- Review, clean, and compile data, and administer PVS Laboratory database and related smaller datasets;
- Perform analysis of datasets related to operational costs, resources, infrastructure, and activities in the laboratory setting and compare to budget allocations;
- Support the development of key performance indicators and monitoring and evaluations tools for project advancement;
- Contribute to the insights provided for publications on the investment needs for sustainable laboratories;
- Liaise with staff from Regional Activities Department towards collaboration, coordination, and harmonisation with their database development on the performance of veterinary services.
Participate in the development of the laboratory support tools
- Streamline and enhance OIE laboratory tools through engagement with subject matter expert groups;
- Provide expertise on the data and infrastructure needs for future capacity building activities;
- On request, interact with National Focal Points for Veterinary Laboratories to support them in data collection in the preparation of future field missions.
The post is a full-time position at the OIE Headquarters in Paris.
Salary: Base salary at 3 000 € net/month, commensurate according to experience
Salary – totally or partially –exempt of French income tax
Benefits (annual quality bonus)
Duration: One (1) year – renewable
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
This is an international civil servant position that is available from 10 March 2020.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 2 January 2020 by clicking on the link below.