The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health, veterinary public health and animal welfare worldwide, as well as for ensuring transparency of the global animal disease situation. The standards it develops for the trade of live animals and products of animal origin are recognized by the World Trade Organization as reference international sanitary rules www.oie.int.
The OIE, then known as the « Office international des épizooties », was created on the 25th of January 1924. Its Headquarters are based in Paris. It comprises 182 Member Countries and is present on all continents through 13 Representations. The OIE maintains permanent relations with over 71 international and regional organisations.
The OIE Regional Representation for Asia and the Pacific, based in Tokyo, Japan, provides regionally adapted services to 32 OIE Members in the region so that they may enhance the capacity of national Veterinary Services to implement the OIE standards and guidelines for securing animal health and welfare.
Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the OIE Director General and immediate supervision of the OIE Regional Representative for Asia and the Pacific, and in close collaboration with other officers in OIE Regional Representation for Asia and the Pacific.
The Administrative Officer supports the daily administrative and clerical running of the Representation, liaising with the rest of the Organisation and external parties to guarantee the smooth coordination of activities. Working within a team of Administrative Officers, he/she contributes to the coordination of the information flow within the team and provides guidance on administrative processes. The Administrative Officer is also in charge of providing logistical support to the organisation and coordination of meetings and/or events managed by the Representation.
Missions and activities
Working with other Administrative Officers, the incumbent will contribute to the following:
Provide general administrative support to the activities of the Representation:
- Provide guidance to the team regarding administrative processes
- Support the planning and follow-up of the activities and provide updated dashboards as required
- Participate in the review and improvement of processes within the team;
- Provide and update information contents for the team, including the contacts database and management of the Regional Website (including uploading/removing contents) under the direction of technical staff;
- Manage filing, scanning and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly;
- Draft, format, proofread, prioritise and archive incoming and outgoing correspondence and take and orient phone calls;
- Manage the stationary supplies and stock for the team.
Assist in the logistical management of events
- Follow-up and update the schedule of events for the Region;
- Liaise with the relevant parties including staff at Headquarters and in the regions, Delegates, experts etc.;
- Coordinate the logistic organisation of meetings and events, including coordination of invitations, documents, room-booking and equipment preparation;
- Provide assistance to participants, including arrangement of air tickets, accommodation, guidance, payment of travel expenses etc.
- Manage catering service providers from ordering to delivery and invoicing;
- Participate in the collection and drafting of meeting outcome reports.
Support the Accounting Office in the Representation’s accounting
- Contribute to the monthly entry of cash and bank transactions in treasury journals
- Ensure bank reconciliations
- Seek validation with the Accounting Unit at Headquarters, if necessary, of the accounting and costing allocation
- Organise the preparation and transmission of corresponding accounting records to Headquarters
Provide support to the preparation of technical documents
- Proofread and edit working documents, letters, and reports;
- Format, prepare and circulate meeting or mission reports;
- Format presentations, working documents and background papers;
- Oversee and/or participate to the translation of letters, reports and other relevant documents and ensure quality control of external translations.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
- Junior college graduate or higher
- At least 2 years of professional experience of administrative assistance
- Experience in bookkeeping and accounting
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills both in English and Japanese
- Experience with web content management (standard CMS such as WordPress)
- Friendly and professional demeanour
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proven effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner, defining priorities and meeting deadlines
Work hours: From 09:00 to 17:00 (including 60-minutes break)
Overtime may occur at busy periods
Salary: JPY 1,600 – 1,800 per hour (Commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Duration: One (1) year, renewable
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment.
This is a full-time position at the OIE Regional Representation in Tokyo (Japan) that is available from 1st April 2020.
The office of the OIE Regional Representation is located in the campus of the University of Tokyo, whose address is: 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8657, Japan
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 23 March 2020 at the latest by clicking on the link below.