Positioning and reporting
Under the authority of the Deputy Director General in charge of International Standards and Science, and the direct supervision of the Head of the Antimicrobial Resistance and Veterinary Products (AMR &VP) Department.
The Administrative Assistant supports the daily administrative running of three Departments (AMR&VP, Science and Preparedness & Resilience), liaising with the rest of the Organisation and external parties to support coordination of activities. He/she contributes to the coordination of information flow within the teams and provides guidance on and support to administrative processes. The Administrative Assistant is also in charge of providing logistical support to the organisation and coordination of meetings and/or events managed by the Departments.
Missions and activities
Provide general administrative support to the activities of the three Departments:
- Provide guidance and support to the teams on administrative processes,
- Support internal communication within each Department,
- Support the planning and follow-up of the activities of the teams and provide updated dashboards as required,
- Participate in the review and improvement of administrative processes within the teams,
- Provide and update information contents for the team, including the contacts database and submissions to OIE webpages as needed,
- Manage filing, scanning and archiving of administrative and technical documents and update registers regularly,
- Draft, format, proofread, prioritise and archive incoming and outgoing correspondence and take and orient phone calls,
- Manage the stationary supplies and stock for the teams,
- Provide administrative support to Head of Departments on planning missions and agendas.
Assist in the logistical management of events
- Follow-up and update the schedule of events for the Departments,
- Liaise with the relevant parties including staff at Headquarters and in the regions, Delegates, experts etc.,
- Coordinate the logistic organisation of ad hoc Groups, Working Groups, Specialist Commissions, or other events as assigned, including coordination of invitations, documents, room-booking and equipment preparation,
- Participate in the collection and drafting of internal meeting reports.
Provide support to the preparation of technical documents
- Proofread and edit working documents, letters, and reports,
- Format, prepare and circulate meeting or mission reports,
- Format presentations, working documents and background papers,
- Manage the links with translators, oversee and/or participate to the translation of letters, reports and other relevant documents and ensure quality control of external translations.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree OR degree in administrative support or in humanities
- At least 2 years of professional experience of administrative assistance with international exposure
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft environment, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as a good knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent command of English and French, both written and spoken
- Proficiency in database management
- Experience with web content management (standard CMS such as WordPress)
- Knowledge of Spanish, both written and spoken
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Willingness and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proven effective organisational skills and ability to handle work in an efficient and timely manner, defining priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capacity to work autonomously and to take ownership of tasks
The post is a full-time position based at the OIE Headquarters in Paris. It requires long hours in a seated position at a computer.
Salary: 1900 Euros net / month + benefits (salary exempt of French income tax, annual bonus)
Duration: Two (2) years – Renewable.
The OIE places high value on a multicultural and positive work environment. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions or beliefs.
If you are interested in the position, please complete your application online by 27 March 2020 at noon (Paris local time) at the latest by clicking on the link below.