Since March 2018, NRC in DRC is leading a RRM Consortium called Reflex (Réponse Rapide Flexible) composed of NRC, Solidarites International and ACTED. This consortium is funded by ECHO to respond to new and/or forgotten crisis occurring in DRC to support affected communities to fill their essential needs mainly through Cash (or Voucher) Based Interventions.
From October 2019, ReFlex has been included in a bigger Consortium of five NGOs called SAFER (Strategic Assistance for Emergency Response in DRC) led by Mercy Corps as a result of the merging of REFLEX and another consortium, KCRI composed Mercy Corps and Concern Worldwide. The consortium members are present in all the provinces of the East of DRC and can contractually be deployed to any other part of the Country if an emergency occurs. The Rapid Response – SAFER Consortium needs a strong leadership and coordination function in order to operate effectively and deliver on its vision to be a leading national and global cash and WASH actor that supports the ability of vulnerable, conflict-affected people to cope and recover from shocks and influence national and global policies regarding the use of rapid response interventions in conflict contexts.
The Consortium Director position is hosted by Mercy Corps, and the position of Deputy Consortium Director position will be hosted by NRC. The Deputy Consortium Director (is equivalent to Manager in NRC) will be part of the Consortium Coordination Unit and will report to the Consortium Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate with consortium members to ensure high quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor and consortium rules, and accountability to beneficiaries
- Ensure effective coordination and communication among consortium members, steering and technical committees, programmatic and finance/support teams across partners, donors, and other stakeholders. Coordination is one of the key elements of the position.
- Ensure that program implementation is conducted with respect to grant agreement(s) and timeframe
- Assist the Consortium Director in the development of the SAFER Consortium multi-year strategy and vision (2020 – 2022)
- Maintain strong and transparent communication with consortium partners
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
Expériences / Formation
- Advanced university degree in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in senior project management and/or coordination for an international organisation with responsibility for programming in a humanitarian, conflict or post-conflict context; or equivalent; specific experiences and knowledge on Rapid Response Mechanism.
- Proven experience in project cycle management and grant management.
- Strong communication, inter-personal, facilitation and diplomatic skills, including the professional credibility to provide coordination and sometimes guidance to member organisations.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal, with strong writing and editing skills.
- Knowledge about RRM and Emergency Response in Food, Wash, Shelter/NFI, Protection, etc…
- Experience working with the ECHO, DFID, UNICEF, etc.
- Experience with external representation.
- Experience working in complex emergencies, volatile contexts.
- Experience working in DRC and knowledge of the context an asset.
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
- Commencement: March 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade 9 in the NRC grade structure (see attached)
- Duty station: Goma with up to 20 % travels. Goma is a non-family posting. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location