MSF recrute 01 OCB Mobile Support Technician Tembo Adoption
Médecins Sans Frontières is an international independent medical-humanitarian organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.
The MSF movement is built around six operational directorates. MSF OCBA is one of those directorates. The operations are implemented by field teams and the mission coordination teams; together with the organizational units based in Barcelona and decentralized in Nairobi, Dakar and Amman. The field operations are guided and supported by 5 Operational Cells, the Emergency Unit and other departments supporting operations, including the HR Department.
Since June 2021, Tembo started a process of scale up across the Operational Centers (OCs) and the movement. The fundamental objective is to create access and inclusion to all our staff worldwide (more than 63K people, and across OCs a cumulative of +120 missions worldwide).
At date, the team has already managed to reach approx. 30% of the global MSF population with +21K staff being registered as unique users´ activity in the past 12 months.
The global scale up pursue to reach the remaining 70%, through the creation of a self-sustainable and organic growth, grounded in systemic positioning OC-specific of Tembo (e.g. being absorbed in processes / procedures).
The scale up is expected to be owned by the OCs, while the Adoption team provides support to the relevant stakeholders to leverage on past lessons learnt and know-how, in particular from the OCBA experience as pilot.
During 2022, OCB expects to deploy and adopt Tembo to 15 missions. The OCB Mobile Support Technician Tembo Adoption will join the Adoption team and provide support to the OCB teams in nurturing the adoption and deployment of TEMBO´ products and services. In particular, the support is oriented to the Learning & Development (L&D), primary actor in the process, with strong focus on the field users.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE AND JOB ENVIRONMENT
In close collaboration with Tembo Adoption Manager and relevant team members, OCB Mobile Support Technician Tembo Adoption is responsible for developing and maintaining deployment and adoption knowledge of practices and approaches within the area of expertise, in particular:
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Carrying out assessments and suggesting adoption measures based on the OC characteristics (e.g. L&D vision and strategy, organigrams etc.) through close collaboration with the identified key actors at HQ (primarily the Learning & Development -L&D- dept) and mission level.
- Conducting and co-leading working sessions with L&D Teams and evaluate the OC resources and frame the implementation of Tembo in the missions. This, to create a cascade effect for the benefit of the field users.
- Facilitating Tembo team sessions and provide on-the-job training on technical basis according to MSF standards to enable effective implementation of relevant methodologies, systems and tools and ensure best practices are delivered.
- Developing and initiating the implementation of the improvement plan based on the recommendations arising from past and upcoming evaluations.
- Conducting briefings and training of facilitators (TOF) for key staff that will be involved in the Deployment and Adoption of Tembo in the OC.
- Ensuring that the adoption at mission level is aligned with the already used learning solutions.
- Providing continuous and close follow up to the facilitators in charge of the OC deployment and adoption.
- Supporting and share recommendations to L&D teams in IT aspects related to the deployments (e.g.: tablets allocation, local servers…).
Access and inclusion:
- Identify any bottlenecks that may limit access and inclusion (e.g. basic digital skills, etc).
- Be an “ambassador” of the voice of the field: register needs and interests and share with internal and external stakeholders.
- Participating in creating tools and processes to guarantee that Tembo is users cantered.
- Participating in analyzing PowerBi to identify specific needs and trends from the users.
- Analyzing the user’s feedback using qualitative and quantitative data gathered.
- Support the OC focal points to develop and / or maintain a user’s centered approach.
Contributing to the continuous learning and development of the OC by:
- Participating in identifying Tembo training needs and subjects be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction and share with appropriate stakeholder, internally to Tembo or within the OC.
- Participating in updating the research and development of TEMBO products/services, creating guidance documents and SOP’s on deployment and adoption (e.g. a toolbox for virtual and F2F deployments).
- Contributing to the definition of training content based on Tembo users and influencers feed-back.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Drafting reports to capture experiences and lessons learnt and capitalize knowledge.
- Supporting the relevant stakeholders in the OCs to collect data and articulate evaluation processes / analysis.
- Monitoring and supervising established and on-going work after the deployments are put in place to ensure the Tembo adoption.
- Evaluating and identifying risks and proposing improvements actions to promote the Tembo adoption at mission and HQ level.
- Feeding the update of different strategies (e.g. the D&A OC specific strategies with insights from the ongoing D&A).
- Supporting or gap-fill within the Adoption team if needed
- Supervise other ad hoc activities such as translations to Arabic, Spanish and French as needed in collaboration with the Internal Communication and Change Management Officer
- Assisting Adoption team in their HR tasks such as recruitment & selection of Tembo D&A staff, briefing and debriefing of key persons for Tembo, if needed.
- Fluent communication and sharing information with other teams within Tembo Shared Services
- Liaising with Tembo OC focal point and relevant stakeholders in HQ to ensure that the D&A process is up to date, shared, discussed and agreed.
- Closely work with the FTEs primarily involved in engaging with the missions (to generate a cascade effect and sustain organic growth during scale up).
- Supporting the L&D departments primarily with co-designed workplans.
- In case of OC specific and punctual needs, provide direct and fast deployment (F2F or remote) to the field.
Expériences / Formation
- Experience as a trainer (preparation, delivery, etc) and keen interest on innovative learning solutions, co-design and co-creation. Experience in developing learning strategies with user centricity.
- MSF field experience is a strong asset.
- Fluent in French and English. Spanish and Arabic are an asset.
- Knowledge of the MSF movement.
- Interest and sensitivity to cultural differences and ability to listen / understand different profiles / level of education.
- Digitally competent and experience with learning technologies is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to MSF’s Principles
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Vision
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Service Orientation
- Initiative and Innovation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Temporary home based position travelling to the field.
- Full time work.
- 12 months position.
- Annual gross salary: L5 (divided into 12 monthly payments) + secondary benefits based on MSF OCBA Reward Policy.
- Starting date: Immediately.
- To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter:
- Closing date: March 27th, 2022, 23:59 CET (Central European Time).
MSF is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, race, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to achieving a balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. MSF provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.
Médecins Sans Frontieres, as a responsible employer, under article 38 of “Ley de Integración Social del Minusválido de 1982 (LISMI)” invite those persons with a recognized disability and with an interest in the humanitarian area to apply for the above-mentioned position.