MSF recruits 01 Regional Technical referent (Middle east) Biomedical Engineer, based in Amman M/W
Médecins Sans Frontières, an international medical and humanitarian association founded in 1971, provides medical assistance to communities faced with crises endangering their survival. These crises typically take the form of armed conflict but also include epidemics, natural catastrophes and even exclusion from healthcare. The French section of MSF is present in some thirty countries worldwide.
You are the first technical support for the MSF Coordination’s teams based in the Middle East, where MSF runs medical programs (i.e in Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestinian Territories). As a RTR biomedical engineer, you are the first responder to questions coming from Coordination Teams and MSF Projects on the field about biomedical activity.
You also are the warrant of the respect of MSF logistic policy, guidelines and procedures.
Principle duties of the position:
On collaboration with the Headquarter Biomedical Technical Referent and the Logistics Coordinator of Middle East, the RTR:
- Conducts scheduled visits in the countries within Middle East region, according to the terms of reference established by the Logistics Coordinator of the requesting country;
- Is the central point for technical support requests, and answers questions coming from the Logistics Coordinators in Middle East region, if necessary, with Technical Advisor’s help;
- Helps develop the visit schedules and proposes any modifications to the original schedule, as required by operational needs. Final validation of schedules and/or modifications is the responsibility of the host country Logistics Coordinator working with the Technical Advisor;
- Is available to participate in emergency operations in Middle East Region;
- Along with the Technical Advisor, helps define the policies related to Biomedical specialty area by providing feedback;
- Participates in R&D on equipment and/or practices in biomedical specialty by taking part in testing campaigns and offering feedback on the projects in Middle East Region.
- Analyses the components of biomedical activity for all missions in Middle East region at least once a year;
- Drafts visit reports and annual activity reports.
Under the direct responsibility of the Logistics Coordinator for the intervention country, the RTR:
- Responds to one-off missions at the request of the Logistics Coordinators for Middle East region;
- Helps recruit national technicians;
- Contributes to continuing education for the teams;
- Evaluates the technical level of (national and international) specialists, helps define career paths and offers ad hoc training;
- Validates service providers and product-supplier pairs;
- Advises and supports logistics coordinators in decision-making related to biomedical specialty.
Expériences / Formation
Expérience : Minimum of Biomedical Technician diploma required
Experience: 2 years of professional experience in Biomedical technician or engineer One field experience on logistic and Biomedical with NGO is required. MSF experience is an asset.
Skills: Good technical knowledge in biomedical activities Good management skills and project follow up.
Aptitudes: Flexible and well-organized Works well with others, rigorous, analytical and good at synthesizing information Good interpersonal, communication and listening skills
Mandatory: English read (B2), spoken and written. French and Arabic are added values.
Reporting to: Hierarchical: Cell Logistics Manager based in Dubai. Technical: Headquarter Technical Referent based in Bordeaux, France
Terms of employment: 1 year contract – full time.
Based in Amman (Jordan), with frequent travels (more than 50% of the time) between Middle East missions (Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Yemen and Palestine) and Dubai office.
Salary according to the MSF salary grid and previous relevant experiences.
Position to be taken: 01st of February 2022.
Application (Motivation letter and Resume) has to be posted online
Until January 23, 2022.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.