MSF recruits 01 Regional Procurement Coordinator Middle East M/F
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), an international humanitarian medical organization established in 1971, provides medical assistance to populations whose survival is threatened by crises, primarily armed conflicts, but also epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from care. The French section is present in about thirty countries.
MSF is looking for a Regional Procurement Coordinator Middle East.
In proximity to the center of operations, you develop strategic procurement in the Region aiming at making available actionable and effective sources (for goods and services) for medium and long term response and optimizing the supply process efficiency and the financial resources use, while complying with MSF protocols, standards and procedures and aligning with the local procurement strategies developed at mission level. You develop and maintain market/regulation intelligence in the Region to the benefit of the users in the missions, provide technical coaching, training and advice regarding procurement process and good practices to the local team in the missions and create a community of practice in the Region.
This position will be based in Amman (Jordan) or Dubai (UAE) and have the mandate to support the operations wherever Operational Center of Paris (OCP) operates in the Region (7 missions as of today: Jordan, Yemen, Palestine, Irak, Lebanon, Syria, Iran that amounts for 21.5 M€ of local purchases).
Not accountable for the local procurement, neither a substitute for the local team (including Procurement Manager / Supply Coordinator where there is one in place) in the mission.
The position covers both goods and services requirements.
Under the management of the Head of procurement unit, based in OCP,
At regional level :
– develop and manage knowledge concerning local and regional markets, regional commercial and customs agreements, local commercial laws & regulations and politics, as well as about MSF operational contexts and needs in a region,
– develop : a regional network both internal and external (suppliers, infrastructures, economical regional collaborations, third-party logistics (3PL), NGOs.), a regional procurement strategic vision consistent with operations strategic goals in order to feed the supply design and strategy at regional and local levels, as well as the procurement strategies from MSF Strategic Procurement Program (MSPP), Operational Centers (OCs) and Supply Centers, a procurement strategy for services as they are not covered by supply/procurement staff in the field, empower the people in charge of these purchases and/or propose solution at regional level when they are available.
– identify and implement procurement synergies between operations and/or other OCs missions whenever possible
-develop a procurement community of practice in the Region including representatives of other sections (on voluntary basis).
-Can be mobilized for any emergency in the regional geographic location.
At mission level, provide:
– strategic advice to the fields in order to develop their local procurement strategy, coaching and training to field staff in the procurement domain (fundamentals, process, negotiation….).
– At the request of the coordination, you can provide direct support to field projects on specific high-stakes purchases, participate in the recruitment or the assessment of the technical level of the teams involved in the purchasing process and contribute to the design of a personalized training program or propose specific training.
– Collaborate closely with the head of supply (LogCo, SupplyCo) of the countries of the region, with the Purchaser at the HQ and the Partner Sections, with Regional Technical Coordinators, with MSF buyers’ network and the supply department.
Experience / Training
Education and experience
Masters level or equivalent (ideally) in business, procurement, supply or equivalent.
2 years of experience at coordination level (national or regional) and/or intersection coordination (ideally with MSF).
Otherwise 5 years of experience (ideally) in procurement including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting or a position in a different domain entailing the same components.
Good knowledge in supply chain processes and financial budgeting is required.
Field missions in procurement /supply chain functions with MSF or another NGOs is a plus.
2 years full-time contract.
Salary according to the MSF salary grid and previous relevant experience. Position includes per diem and housing depending on the contract length.
Work place: Amman (Jordan) or Dubai (UAE) with regular travel (+/- 50%) to field projects throughout Middle East and HQ in France.
Starting date: 1st of December, 2020.
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter and CV) until November 11, 2020 inclusive.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.