MSF recruits 01 Head of Supply Technical and Information Systems (m/f/x)
MSF consists out of 5 Operational Centers (OCs), 3 European Supply Centers (ESCs) and 22 partner sections (PS). OCB (Operational Center of Brussels) is one of the 5 operational centers
Driven by MSF’s goals, the OCB Supply chain’s mission is to enable humanitarian action and provide reliable supply chain solutions. The supply chain is composed of different entities to cover the whole, all having interactions with each other. As such, the scope covers a supply chain that is specific, humanitarian and subject to emergencies.
The OCB Supply Chain Department is responsible of the support to all OCB missions in the management of their supply chain.
The Supply Technical and Information Systems Team (STIS) focuses on ensuring Supply staff have the tools, data and processes allowing them to deliver the best service to our beneficiaries.
On the one hand, several information systems (IS) tools are used on OCB missions to facilitate supply chain management. These IS tools cover areas such as purchase & ordering, storage, and transport. In addition, these systems all generate data that can be used for decision making and monitoring by Supply Staff and their stakeholders.
On the other hand, technical referents provide expertise, guidance and coordination around Supply Domains such as: Customs and Transport, Medical & Non-Medical Stock Management (in collaboration with the other Departments), Demand Planning, Ordering and Warehousing.
The Head of Supply Technical and Information Systems Team is in charge of defining, applying and maintaining a service strategy for the OCB missions aligned with the Supply Chain department objectives. This includes development and improvement of processes, tools and support services to end-users. To that end, he/she collaborates with other departments, other OCs and third parties.
- Steer the general strategy for the various Supply Information Systems, technical domains, as well as Data and reporting within OCB Supply Chain. Manage the budget of the STIS unit.
- With the Supply Chain Management Team lead the department strategy definition, participate in the definition of team structure and ensures the deployment of the Supply Chain Strategy.
- Engage with other OCs through various platforms and align on strategy around performance management, technical and operational supply chain domains as well as data and tools strategy.
- Align with OCB and MSF International evolutions to ensure STIS team’s structure and work is always adapted to the context.
- Coordinate with the OPS, Finance, IT, Log and Medical departments as well as MSF Supply to ensure alignment on the expectations in order to design the appropriate solutions (tools and reports), maximizing the value delivered to the users.
TEAM & MANAGEMENT
- Manage, coach, motivate, and support the STIS team to ensure employee’s satisfaction, improve performance and ensure that objectives are met.
- Supervise the Supply Information Systems Operational Team Leader (SISOTL) to ensure efficient support to end-users and alignment between the tools and users’ needs.
- Supervise the technicians to ensure alignment with department strategy and the priority of other units.
- Supervise the Supply Chain Data Analyst and Data Quality Officer to ensure data is accurate, available and usable by decision-makers to improve Supply Chain efficiency.
Expériences / Formation
- University degree preferably in Business / Economics / Computer science / management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply chain management
- MSF experience is needed, on the field is a strong asset
- Strong team management experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of UniField (MSF’s ERP) is an asset
- Proven knowledge and affinity for information systems and data
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Diplomatic approach with good interpersonal skills, ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to define a strategy, share a vision, with leadership style based on openness and empowerment
- High result and quality orientation, pragmatic
- Fluent in English, very good command of French
- Expected starting date: ASAP
- Contract type: Open-ended contract (CDI) – full time
- Location: Brussels
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid – Meal vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
Deadline for applications: 13/05/2022
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “Head of Supply Technical and Information Systems ” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.