Medica mondiale: Call for Proposals Sierra Leone 2018
Deadline: 14 September 2018
medica mondiale is currently inviting women’s rights organizations from Sierra Leone to respond to this call for proposals.
The call for proposal aims at improving the situation of women and girls affected by sexualized and gender-based violence perpetrated during or after the conflict in the region.
medica mondiale encourages project proposals in the following thematic areas:
- Empowering women and girls affected by sexualised and gender-based by providing trauma-sensitive direct services including psychosocial counselling, medical care, legal advice, and / or income generating activities.
- Advocacy, awareness raising, promotion of leadership and networking activities related to combating and preventing sexualised and gender-based violence against women and / or related to civic and political participation, peace building and justice.
- Grants are awarded up to 10.000 Euro per project.
- The project duration is maximum one year (12 months).
- Only one grant per year will be given to any organization.
- This call for proposals addresses women rights organizations in the following country: Sierra Leone.
- Organizations must fulfill the following criteria:
- directed and led by women
- having as primary mission the protection and promotion of women’s rights with these goals clearly reflected in their work
- working on issues directly related to combating and preventing sexualised and genderbased violence against women in war and conflict zones.
- having an inclusive approach towards all women and girls regardless of ethnicity, religion, political belief, sexual orientation, social status, or age.
- working for social structural change to end violence against women. actively including the perspectives of the women and girls they support.
- working in collaboration with others in the human and women’s rights movement.
- formally registered as non-governmental and non-profit organizations.
- medica mondiale does not fund individuals, scholarships, organizations founded or led by government entities or political parties.
How to Apply
Applications can be submitted in German, English or French, via e-mail at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Sierra Leone
For more information, please visit Call for Proposals.