MDM recrute 01 General coordinator assistant (M/F) – Iraq/Kurdistan
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. The current programme focuses on strengthening the capacities of the local health authorities and supporting them in providing quality primary healthcare services (including sexual and reproductive health, mental health and psychosocial support and gender-based violence response) to IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities in the governorates of Dohuk, Kirkuk and Ninewa. MdM is also planning to develop a community health based approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals. In 2020, with the start of the pandemic of Covid-19, MDM adjusted its activities to respond to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable populations, while extending its support to additional areas of intervention.
Considering the current context in Iraq, MdM expects 2021 to be a transition year from a humanitarian approach to a more development one, from the health promotion perspective. Different pillars have been identified to guide the 2021-2023 strategy in Iraq, including: community health based approach, capacity building of the local health authorities, partnership with local NGOs, advocacy, and support to the health cluster.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, you support the coordination team in proposal writing, internal and external reporting and communication.
You work closely with programme coordinators and field coordinators as well as the programme officer and the communication department in HQ.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Reporting and proposal writing
- Compile inputs from the different departments and ensure the production of concept notes, proposals and donor reports
- Contribute to ensure adherence to donors guidelines, compliance and strategic orientations
- Ensure development and dissemination of contractual commitments made to donors
- Contribute to ensure donor indicators are consistent and compliant with the scope of the activities and harmonized for all programmes
- Contribute to ensure consistency, quality and coherence between narrative, budget and all related annexes
- Ensure timely submission of reporting and proposals
- Ensure the permanent liaison with the HQ programme officer and contribute to keep up to date the grants tracker tool
- Attend donors meetings and visits when required, record and disseminate the information shared
- Produce and disseminate the situation report by collecting and compiling all relevant mission information on a monthly basis
- Contribute to the preparation and organisation of the coordination meetings and workshops
- Produce and disseminate the minutes of meetings
- Ensure proper circulation of grants related information within the mission, and propose adjustment or correction when needed
- Support the coordination team on ensuring dissemination and filing of all project documentation in the mission
- Support the regular production of programme-related communication documents
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a communication strategy
- Design and produce visibility materials
- Monitor and follow up adherence to visibility requirements in all bases
- Contribute to the creation of social media pages and act as a focal point
- Ensure the collection and availability of photos, videos and stories as well as the needed consent before publication
Support to general coordination
- Update mission documentation, such as welcome guides
- Support strategy and context analysis documentation formalisation
- Research and collect any useful information and data relating to MdM positioning
- Ensure information sharing and documentation archiving
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- Duration: 6 months
- Starting date: 16 May 2021
- Gross monthly salary: 2 575 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Punctual teleworking agreement (40 days/year – minimum of 6 months seniority required)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility .
- Single posting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related field
- Experience and/or training in project management
- Prior experience with international NGO mandatory (field and/or HQ)
- Previous experience with international donors reporting
- Previous experience in developing basic communication materials an asset
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthetizing comprehensive information and technical data
- Ability to manage heavy workload under pressure, sense of priorities, adaptability
- Proficient use of MS Office Package
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Willing to live and work in a place with tense conditions and movement restrictions due to security and Covid-19
- Highly motivated and positive thinking
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communications skills
- Autonomy, team spirit
- High learning capacity and willingness to learn
- Languages: fluent English (written and spoken) mandatory. Arabic, Kurdish or French is an asset.
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications. MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.