Doctors of the World is an international medical development NGO which is part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and the rest of the world.
We want universal health coverage where every person has access to care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographic, etc.).
In Belgium and around the world, our projects are intended for all people who have no or no access to health care. In particular, they are structured in five axes: people on the margins of society (homeless people, paperless, drug users, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence for example); migrants or displaced persons and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we base on three pillars:
- Caring : giving real access to care for people.
- To change: more than help, we want to change things in the long run.
- Testify : we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence on the ground, we challenge the powers (local, regional and (inter) national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a series of values common to our entire organization: social justice, empowerment, independence, commitment, balance.
MdM-BE is currently active in Belgium and eight other countries: Croatia, Bosnia-and-Herzegovina, DR Congo, Tunisia, Haiti, Niger, Mali, and Morocco.
MHPSS coordinator is responsible for technical supervision and management of all the current mental health and psychosocial support aspects of the mission. She/He will also conduct assessment of the regional/national/local context relating to mental health sector (access to mental healthcare, mental health and migration, etc.); will provide technical inputs regarding planning/development of future MdM’s projects/programs Bosnia and Herzegovina; and will be largely involved into development/conduction of MdM advocacy activities (report(s), research(es), campaign(s), meetings and events, etc.).
MHPSS coordinator in Bosnia and Herzegovina is under the direct responsibility of the Field coordinator Bosnia and Herzegovina and under technical supervision of health department based at the headquarters (according to the projects activities more specifically under supervision of the medical advisor for Health and Migration). Together with the Field Coordinator, this function has management responsibility over psychologists and MHPSS Case Management Officers.
- Providing technical support for recruitment of MHPSS staff team (psychologists) and ensuring technical supervision/support during the implementation of activities: – PSS empowerment and psychoeducational activities; – individual/group mental health support (individual psychosocial support (PSS) / counselling sessions); -referral/follow-up and case management of persons in need of (mental health) specialized care/other specific support services.
- Providing support to develop harmonized and context-adapted detailed curriculum for MHPSS psychoeducational group sessions. Following topics will be covered (not limited and might be adjusted based on assessed needs of beneficiaries): stress management, resolving conflicts, anger management, communication skills, relaxation techniques, sexual reproductive health, etc.
- Ensuring an appropriate MHPSS approach in the program aligned with the IASC MHPSS guidelines for emergencies and humanitarian settings.
- Leading development process of referral pathways between MdM MHPSS team and other organizations working in the TRCs as well as public institutions – for migrants in need of (mental health) specialized care (e.g. psychiatrist) or of protection services.
- Leading set-up of MdM MHPSS case management services
- Leading (with other team members especially Field coordinator) knowledge/experience sharing process on migrant’s mental health/needs/answer with local (mental) health workers.
- Helping to develop and implement MHPSS trainings for “front-line” workers working with refugees and migrants. Topics: 1) Psychological first aid (PFA); 2) Stress-management/prevention of burn-out/relaxation techniques.
- Adapting existing MdM documents/tools used for MHPSS activities
- Providing technical inputs for development of analysis on mental health state/needs of migrants and refugees
- Developing with other health staff members different written info material (for beneficiaries, health staff, etc.) and trainings’ content.
- Being largely involved into development/conduction of MdM advocacy activities
- Developing and maintaining regular relationships with national/local health authorities and institutions
- Consider available options and develop systems for the provision of staff care for all MdM-BE staff.
Expériences / Formation
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in mental health/psychology, medecine;
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience in provision of mental health support and/or health care;
- At least three years of working experience with vulnerable groups and/or migrants;
- Experience in the the field of access to healthcare/human rights/social inclusion and/or humanitarian crisis management would be a distinctive asset.
Competencies/langage and other skills:
- Excellent writing and oral skills.
- Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships.
- Ability to work autonomously and to work under pressure.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Fulfilling all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Driving licence “B” category would be an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of local language would be an asset.
- Permit to work in Bosnia and Herzegovina would be an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- An enthralling job in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- Job location : Bihać with frequent travel to Sarajevo
- A full-time contract.
- Duration : Initial 4 months contract with possibility of extension
- Starting date: as soon as possible (with a beginning in homeworking)
- If expat : a gross salary of €2.526,76 for 0 years of experience and a gross salary of €2.922,11 for 10 years of experience (per diem included). Relevant experience recognized.
- If expat : a package of advantages (insurance…).
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) using the form below as soon as possible.
MdM thanks you for the interest in our organization and wishes you every success in your career experience.